Show Concepts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would also like to see someone do a show to the music of "Chronicles of Narnia : The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" I'd think that would rule, especially for mello players. that battle cry is awesome."

The Cadets - 2007 :)

"I would also like to see someone do a show to the music of "Chronicles of Narnia : The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" I'd think that would rule, especially for mello players. that battle cry is awesome."

The Cadets - 2007 :)

hahahaha :lol:

The music of U2.

Open up the show with Sunday Bloody Sunday with the whole corps at the starting line, then form a cross at midfield, and split the cross in two. I've been trying to arrange "With or Without You" today, it has kind of a hymn sound.

Edited by Sleep Dirt

How about a high school mb favorite a couple years ago... Pirates of the Caribean... o wait, what? Drum Corps isn't Marching Band.... ooops.. my mistake b**bs

How about a high school mb favorite a couple years ago... Pirates of the Caribean... o wait, what? Drum Corps isn't Marching Band.... ooops.. my mistake b**bs

Ha ha! Hey! Remember when the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps played music from "Pirates" four years ago? I bet they stole that from marching band! Ha! Hey! Ha ha! lol omgasdoiasdglakj!!!11!!1!

Ha ha! Hey! Remember when the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps played music from "Pirates" four years ago? I bet they stole that from marching band! Ha! Hey! Ha ha! lol omgasdoiasdglakj!!!11!!1!

haha, ya! Atleast it was better than most of the local highschools that did it from where I'm located!

haha, ya! Atleast it was better than most of the local highschools that did it from where I'm located!

Actually, it was pretty great. Magic, if you'll recall, did a "Pirates" show that year, which was a lot of fun, but then the Marines came out and it was on. Their baritones took no prisoners.

Of Sailors and Whales!!

Golden Lancers 1997 - did it very well, including wicked "whale song" projected off the back stands and some cool "sailing/ocean" sounds from the (then un-amped) pit. I'd love to see a D1 corps tackle this one...

<Sarcasm ON! :lol: >

How 'bout Disney Channel’s "High School Musical"? :lol: I'd love to see an entire guard dribbling basketballs in rhythmic unison! :P

<Sarcasm OFF! :) >

Actually, the bouncing of balls in unison might look and sound pretty cool - like in a sports-themed show... but please, no more baseball-themed drum corps shows... Frisbee was cool this year! Football or Rugby would be better... A MOTORSPORTS themed show would simply rock my socks! (Can you imagine the female contingency of a guard styled after DANICA PATRICK?!?! b**bs ) Lots of potential for images and sounds - anyone who has been to an IRL event, NASCAR race, Rally, or Drag Racing knows what I'm talking about. Motor sports would also be a great follow-up to the predominant theme of "motion" seen in so many D1 corps this year.