Question about Pasadena seating

Not only is it bench seating sans backrests, and not only do the stands curve away from the field, but each seat is equipped with spikes that randomly extend and retract. Also, there is poison on the spikes.

I can't take anything seriously in the off season.

How long are those spikes? Do all the sections have them? Or only the seats that cost less than $100

look at it this way, if you are at the top of Section 14 on the outside, then you are at the negative 40 yd line according to this map http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/seating.htm

Not only is it bench seating sans backrests, and not only do the stands curve away from the field, but each seat is equipped with spikes that randomly extend and retract. Also, there is poison on the spikes.

I can't take anything seriously in the off season.

Whatdayabet some 'evil' director figures out a way to make the spikes extend on a certian harmonic overtone from the amped pit --- instant standing, screaming fans....

What if, next year Cadets do Part III and they spike the concession stand drinks with little pieces of paper.

Is "the set of all sets which are not members of themselves" a member of itself?" Deep Thoughts...by Bertrand Russell

Does anyone know the row numbers of the top and bottom sections of the red sections on this seating chart: http://pasadena07.dci.org/super3/. A friend of mine is planning on ordering tickets in the morning and we can't figure it out comparing it even to the little insert map in the top left corner of http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/seating.htm

Thank you for any help! Tickets go on sale online in the morning so we are just poor souls trying to get good seats :-)

John

This is my biggest pet peeve with DCI tickets. Fans want to know what yardline they are on...plain and simple!!! Most seating charts just have a 50 yardline for reference, PLEASE include another yard line for reference, like uhmm.....how about the endzone?...PLEASE!!!

Side note: when I called DCI to order my super 3 tickets last year the girl said something to the effect of "we don't know what yardline the tickets are on, that is up to you to find out from the venue". WTF, she must have been having a bad day.

As far as the rose bowl question, I had the same problem trying to figure out where tickets were. And, seeing that I had to sell my super 3 tickets on ebay for half price two weeks ago, I'm waiting till next August to by 07 tics....for half price hopefully.

This is my biggest pet peeve with DCI tickets. Fans want to know what yardline they are on...plain and simple!!! Most seating charts just have a 50 yardline for reference, PLEASE include another yard line for reference, like uhmm.....how about the endzone?...PLEASE!!!

Side note: when I called DCI to order my super 3 tickets last year the girl said something to the effect of "we don't know what yardline the tickets are on, that is up to you to find out from the venue". WTF, she must have been having a bad day.

As far as the rose bowl question, I had the same problem trying to figure out where tickets were. And, seeing that I had to sell my super 3 tickets on ebay for half price two weeks ago, I'm waiting till next August to by 07 tics....for half price hopefully.

JonnyBoy, the yardlines CAN be figured out if you compare the two maps (it takes some work but can be done). It is frustrating, I agree with you there. You would think that people who are buying expensive tickets AND planning an expensive trip could be provided some decent seating charts. Now how hard could that be? Hello DCI?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What we can't figure out is the "rows" up/down. Can anyone help? What rows #'s are the upper and lower section of the red?

Help! Thx if anyone can help,

John

I am the friend that Jkingqm was talking about. Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

After some time trying to dial in I finally got in to DCI to get tickets. I was a long time on redial and when I finally got in I still had another long wait. Long enough to hear the BD show so I was atleast entertained for the last 10 minutes. I never did figure out how to go directly in on the DCI page but I really wanted to talk to a live person and not only did I get one but I got a guy tha was very helpful and pleasant to work with.

He told me that the isles are in the middle of the sections which I did already figure out. The Super Premium seats go from rows 21 up to 60. This was a big help since I don't see that on any seating diagram that I looked at.

I neglected to ask how the seat numbers ran within the sections and it is too late now but my best guess is that I ended up with seats in the middle of Section 18, which I would guess is somewhere between the 40 and maybe as low as 30.

Someone above suggested row 40 might be the best for sound. I was originally offered row 30 and when I asked for something higher I was offered row 49. Hopefully, the sound will be still good with a good view. My guess is that much higher the sound would start fading away. I've never been a fan of the amps but in the Rose Bowl they might be needed.

My seats are:

Section 18

Row 49

Seats 5 & 6