Drum Corps for Sale!

If there was a corps out there in trouble (won't mention any names), would you be willing to take over and manage them?

If so, how much do you think it would cost for new buses, trucks, uniforms, housing, food, and instruments. And which corps would you love to take over and direct?

Easy. Troopers.

If there was a corps out there in trouble (won't mention any names), would you be willing to take over and manage them?

If so, how much do you think it would cost for new buses, trucks, uniforms, housing, food, and instruments. And which corps would you love to take over and direct?

If I ever win the World Series of Poker...several times...this is what I would do:

Put a huge amount of money into a CD or similar type bond so Regiment would never have to worry about financial disasters.

Give the staff raises.

Buy 12 new buses, 4 for the use of the corps, 8 for leasing and renting as a source of income for the corps, as well as for backup if something ever happened to one of the other buses. Said buses would be completely decked out, of course. If I could put a hot tub in one I'd do it. :P

Build the corps a proper, dedicated hall, complete with two full-length indoor fields and one mini-field, showers, staff offices, a "rec" room, and a sleeping area so that kids could stay there during marching camps.

Get the rights to do Carmina Burana one year.

Buy a new equipment truck and a new kitchen, completely state of the art.

Lower tour fees and implement a fee structure where vets' loyalty would be rewarded by diminishing fees each year. Stay with the corps for 5 years or more, you march free.

Sigh...

I keep hoping I'll win one of these circuit tourneys... :P

If I ever win the World Series of Poker...several times...this is what I would do:

Put a huge amount of money into a CD or similar type bond so Regiment would never have to worry about financial disasters.

Give the staff raises.

Buy 12 new buses, 4 for the use of the corps, 8 for leasing and renting as a source of income for the corps, as well as for backup if something ever happened to one of the other buses. Said buses would be completely decked out, of course. If I could put a hot tub in one I'd do it. :P

Build the corps a proper, dedicated hall, complete with two full-length indoor fields and one mini-field, showers, staff offices, a "rec" room, and a sleeping area so that kids could stay there during marching camps.

Get the rights to do Carmina Burana one year.

Buy a new equipment truck and a new kitchen, completely state of the art.

Lower tour fees and implement a fee structure where vets' loyalty would be rewarded by diminishing fees each year. Stay with the corps for 5 years or more, you march free.

Sigh...

I keep hoping I'll win one of these circuit tourneys... :P

You put a lot of thought into this. Hope you win!!

Give the staff raises.

so you want to buy Star of Indiana for PR???^0^

Star had a dedicated practice facility? I did not know this.

I knew about the bus company....that's where I got the idea.

They bought/leased/somehow acquired an unused school outside Bloomington (on IN 37 IIRC; my wife had family in Bloomington at the time so I drove by it often).