Rumor has it...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another part of that equation would be a full tour (Blue Stars '05, Memphis '06).

Blue Stars '05 was a great way of preparing themselves for the move up (which they did pretty well with) and is definitely a good model to follow.

Along the same lines I suppose - Memphis has been doing a pretty extensive tour since their first year in 03 with almost 20 shows that summer. Our tour schedules for 2004 and 2005 were pretty "full" as well with 22 and 27 shows, respectively (24 in '06 I believe). Memphis has started in late June and concluded at World Championships every year since it's inception. Not to mention, full tours are more fun. :P

I am quite satisfied with the idea of THE ACADEMY maintaining its Div. II Status. The memberships average age is 18 1/2, they had only 6 age-outs. With a National Championship, ACADEMY Corps retention will be extremely high and outside interests will be extremely higher. The Spirit of Disney Award recognizes the Corps Director long term goals and dreams for the ACADEMY. Their Vision is for the LONG TERM. As their business plan builds upon a solid foundation, their program (s) and Corps will continue to develop and mature. They're in no rush. No need to!

By example, you only have to look at the SPARTANS and the success and tradition they have built upon in Division II all these years. Division II is well balanced, on solid footing and presented a mighty fine product on the field. I'd say the ACADEMY is exactly where it needs to be for the near future....so that their long range future endeavors and dreams can take their sweet time to be realized, as their first division II title was.

slow and steady does win the race!

I am quite satisfied with the idea of THE ACADEMY maintaining its Div. II Status. The memberships average age is 18 1/2, they had only 6 age-outs. With a National Championship, ACADEMY Corps retention will be extremely high and outside interests will be extremely higher. The Spirit of Disney Award recognizes the Corps Director long term goals and dreams for the ACADEMY. Their Vision is for the LONG TERM. As their business plan builds upon a solid foundation, their program (s) and Corps will continue to develop and mature. They're in no rush. No need to!

By example, you only have to look at the SPARTANS and the success and tradition they have built upon in Division II all these years. Division II is well balanced, on solid footing and presented a mighty fine product on the field. I'd say the ACADEMY is exactly where it needs to be for the near future....so that their long range future endeavors and dreams can take their sweet time to be realized, as their first division II title was.

slow and steady does win the race!

Agreed.

Moving to Division 1 will hurt whoever will decide to move up.

Unless they can grab the bull by the horns and pave a way to success immediately.

People would rather join a well-faring finalist division 2 corps than a division 1 that end their season in Quarterfinals.

Magic is a testament to that. They made finals their first year back on Division 1 but they've progressively fell out of the competition in later years.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race, true. But moving up a division, no matter how prepared you are, is a massive change.

In sum, you had better kick ### immediately if you want to move up.

People would rather join a well-faring finalist division 2 corps than a division 1 that end their season in Quarterfinals.

I think this might be true for people who know about and have seen the good Div2/3 corps. Unfortunately, with little exposure, many don't know enough about these corps.

A majority of the people I know would much rather march Div 1...period. Many more can't even name 5 Div2/3 corps.

Of course, more exposure to Div2/3 would change most perception.

Not true, PC practices right up the street from my house so I've been to a few rehearsal where they've had more poeple than horns. (Quarters - One and done)

Vs. Impulse which has made D2/3 finals the last few years (3 performances) yet still could get more than 22 horns to march. There are people who will ONLY march D1 regardless.

Not true, PC practices right up the street from my house so I've been to a few rehearsal where they've had more poeple than horns. (Quarters - One and done)

Vs. Impulse which has made D2/3 finals the last few years (3 performances) yet still could get more than 22 horns to march. There are people who will ONLY march D1 regardless.

I said would rather. It's a general phrasing of it.

I believe the two largest corps can have a lot of saying for what I stated: Jersey Surf and The Academy, two almost full corps, I believe each are only missing 5-6 people

Edited by ApocalypseTissue

I said would rather. It's a general phrasing of it.

I believe the two largest corps can have a lot of saying for what I stated: Jersey Surf and The Academy, two almost full corps, I believe each are only missing 5-6 people

BINGO!

After 27 posts...someone hit the two corps on the nose. Makes sense in each case. Bob Jacobs is now Marketing Director for DCI and Academy can go in 07 or wait until 08 as they have the Drum Corps world traveling their direction already next year. I am praying for the following Div. II/III schedule next year...

2nd Week July

California, East Coast and Midwest regional shows

Late July and into August...

Texas, then Denver area, Albuquerque, Phoenix, San Diego, then Pasadena for finals.

Tom Brace

What does that mean? If you're going to write a post like that, you have to be more specific or it just comes across as a meaningless troll.

Don't pay any attention to Mr Malambo13. This is the same guy that on June 6th said he would take any bet that the Blue Stars wouldn't make semifinals. Mr infinate wisdom.

Edited by myname.com