Rumor has it...

Seems like this "Tom Brace" likes adding to drama that is already unnessasary. Very professional.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe YOU should get over your obvious dislike of ECJ because of some of the stuff that has happened on here recently and realize that not ALL of us are like that.

James...lighten up...I've liked ECJ since before you were marching. Saw them first in the 1995 season...they had a monster drumline and a hornline so loud we could here it in Niagra. The guard work framed a little too much for my liking...lots of backfield, but hey, it was 1995. It was the first year I got to see Spartans as well. Patriots were also a phenomenal corps in II/III back then...and of course, there was Mandarin and those huge taiko drums. But I digress...

This forum was about corps moving UP not DOWN or OUT. I got information from a DCI source that two corps were petitioning to go Div. I and so I began the thread. Now people are talking about everyone except Cavaliers folding and then you post about ECJ. I honestly hadn't read that before...and would hate to see any more corps go inactive. I do NOT dislike any corps. Some corps directors I could do without. Some lousy arrangers/program coordinators I could launch, but corps...the more the better. We've all lost too many corps over the years.

So again, the post is about and has been about corps petitioning to go Div. I.

I always thought the phrase "petitioning" sounded very Revolutionary War- like. As if we were nailing papers to trees proclaiming our desire to participate in Div 1.

Actually, whatever Div ECJ is part of, we will do our best to provide a great experience for our members and fans. Non-fans too.

Thanks for the kind words about the 1995 era corps. Feel free to contact me if you would like to order any ECJ souvenirs, post season deals are available!

Fred Ford

East Coast Jazz

James...lighten up...I've liked ECJ since before you were marching. Saw them first in the 1995 season...they had a monster drumline and a hornline so loud we could here it in Niagra. The guard work framed a little too much for my liking...lots of backfield, but hey, it was 1995. It was the first year I got to see Spartans as well. Patriots were also a phenomenal corps in II/III back then...and of course, there was Mandarin and those huge taiko drums. But I digress...

This forum was about corps moving UP not DOWN or OUT. I got information from a DCI source that two corps were petitioning to go Div. I and so I began the thread. Now people are talking about everyone except Cavaliers folding and then you post about ECJ. I honestly hadn't read that before...and would hate to see any more corps go inactive. I do NOT dislike any corps. Some corps directors I could do without. Some lousy arrangers/program coordinators I could launch, but corps...the more the better. We've all lost too many corps over the years.

So again, the post is about and has been about corps petitioning to go Div. I.

Does Mr. Ford own a Greek Fisherman's Hat too?

He should. It's all the rage these days. :D

I'm pretty sure you need a food truck and equipment truck to move up

I'm pretty sure you need a food truck and equipment truck to move up

Which of the corps discussed in this thread so far don't have their own equipment truck? Unless I missed something, I thought all of them did.

Who said you had to have a food truck to be in Div I. Madison Scouts managed to do it while I was with that organization (2000-2002). There's 3 years right there.