Rumor has it...

OC is deserving, they are consistently good and out scoring the general pack for some years now. Academy was very good this year and I have not seen ECJ.

I worry about the jump though for some corps. Esperanza and Mandarins, perennial powerhouses in Div II have lanhuished in Div I. Maybe I don't have enough experience to estimate how long it takes in Div I but If Academy is waiting another year sounds smart, you come off such a successful season and run full gauntlet it might be best to see how next year plays out, especially so close to home.

Dad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC is deserving, they are consistently good and out scoring the general pack for some years now. Academy was very good this year and I have not seen ECJ.

I worry about the jump though for some corps. Esperanza and Mandarins, perennial powerhouses in Div II have lanhuished in Div I. Maybe I don't have enough experience to estimate how long it takes in Div I but If Academy is waiting another year sounds smart, you come off such a successful season and run full gauntlet it might be best to see how next year plays out, especially so close to home.

Dad

OC is all class and stars in one of my favorite anecdotes of this activity. By all accounts Academy possesses and displays that same class. From my son, his eyes glow telling of Academy stopping their rehearsal/warmups to cheer and encourage his Corps anytime they trooped past. I do love D2/3. They may not have a monopoly on such behavior, but they do seem to have more of it.

OC is all class and stars in one of my favorite anecdotes of this activity. By all accounts Academy possesses and displays that same class. From my son, his eyes glow telling of Academy stopping their rehearsal/warmups to cheer and encourage his Corps anytime they trooped past.

I just wish they acted that classy in private.

I overheard the guy who runs academy's souvie stand and he said that they want to go Div. 1 in 2008

If we are not on jupiter by then! b**bs

drumhumorTerrance

What does that mean? If you're going to write a post like that, you have to be more specific or it just comes across as a meaningless troll.

w/Stp:

I know that some believe that size doesn't matter, but I believe it does to some extent in Div 1. I think the prep. year in D2 should be almost that of a Div. 1 corps, and whereas I believe Academy has done that, I'm not sure the other corps have. I don't know they way organizations are ran or what not, but I would just hate to see them drift toward the bottom. Hopefully they will end up more like Blue Stars, or even come out of the gate as a Finalist.

I know that some believe that size doesn't matter, but I believe it does to some extent in Div 1. I think the prep. year in D2 should be almost that of a Div. 1 corps, and whereas I believe Academy has done that, I'm not sure the other corps have. I don't know they way organizations are ran or what not, but I would just hate to see them drift toward the bottom. Hopefully they will end up more like Blue Stars, or even come out of the gate as a Finalist.

As Blue Stars are about to find out...it has proved easier for the first year in Div, I than subsequent years. Look at the Magic, Seattle Cascades, Capital Regiment, Mandarins. All had huge first years in Div. I and have struggled to impress after that.

With a huge trip to Pasadena awaiting them, this could prove to be an interesting off season for many corps.

Tom Brace

Another part of that equation would be a full tour (Blue Stars '05, Memphis '06).