March TROOPERS in 2007!

If you know you are going to march a DCI corps in 2007, march Troopers!!

You will be part of history as one the greatest drum corps of all times makes its triumphant return.

Crowds will go crazy night after night when they catch the first glimpse of the Long Blue Line!!!

GO TROOPERS!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense at all to the Troopers, I wish them all the luck in the world with their return, but your average fan probably doesn't even know that the Troopers didn't march this year. I very seriously doubt they get the largest ovation every night.

No offense at all to the Troopers, I wish them all the luck in the world with their return, but your average fan probably doesn't even know that the Troopers didn't march this year. I very seriously doubt they get the largest ovation every night.

You are WRONG on both counts!!

You are WRONG on both counts!!

Whatever you say.

Time will tell.

Just keep in mind that the average drum corps fan goes to about 1 show per year and doesn't read DCP. If I didn't read DCP I wouldn't have known that the Troopers weren't marching this year.

Whatever you say.

Time will tell.

Just keep in mind that the average drum corps fan goes to about 1 show per year and doesn't read DCP. If I didn't read DCP I wouldn't have known that the Troopers weren't marching this year.

Maybe not every fan, but trust me there will be plenty of old timers, and some youngsters who know and care about tradition, at most shows to give the big ovations.

The troop is America's Corps. Its anti-American not to cheer for them. Good luck troop in your upcoming season.

No kidding. What are these folks? Terrorists?!?!?

:laugh:

:P

Seriously tho', when I heard that Fred "Mountain Grown" Morris (aka Mercury Morris) was put at the helm of corps director, I knew they were already headed in the right direction.

And yes, the fan appreciation for the Troop was very strong, even as things began to wain.

I hope, as their recruitment strategy, that they're targeting high school age members rather than university students. They're best off getting together a group of 16 year olds who can be molded together into a winning team over several years. The brand of the Troopers has taken a bit of a beating over the last 20 years, and it's gonna take a real commitment to being a solid Finalist corps in order to put them on solid ground in the long-term.

Totally do-able, if they have the vision and the commitment to go for winning rather than existing. If the fans sense that the Troopers have made that commitment, like the Cavaliers obviously made that commitment in the mid-80s, the money and the volunteer support will flow like water.

Edited by mobrien

No kidding. What are these folks? Terrorists?!?!?

Cool! Now some guy at the FBI can discover DCP!