WAKE UP!

Puts the cymbal alarm clock to shame. :laugh::blink:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we actually did this both in 2004 and 2005 during finals week.

in 2004, we were sharing a housing site with Court of Honor. we were both on the floor of the Denver Coliseum. one morning the CoH horn line decides to wake us both up with their on field warm up. im telling you, it was one of the greatest alarm clocks i ever had. the Mempho horn line even clapped when it was over. the next morning, out drumline decides to play THEIR on field as a wake up call. it was great, but not as good as the horns. we all know horns make music while drums make noise. :D

in 2005, we were on our own. i dont really remember what went on, but the staff some how ###### us off with a little joke (i think it was something like rehearsing until 3 in the morning during finals week after a free day in Boston) anyway, so the hornline decides to give them a wakeup call. the staff were all sleeping in a room no bigger then a class room. the horn files in as much as we could and we play our on field. just about all of them jumped at least a foot in the air. man, were those percussion techs mad. later they got us back by makin us (both drums and horns) swap instruments and do Blue Star Drill. but we all had smiles the whole time....

too bad there was no 'night vision.' I would have love to have seen their faces :-p

Ok, this is not a new prank, but having video evidence makes it nicer.

Great stuff!

I still remember the time in '98 when we shared a housing site in Port Huron, MI, with Cavies. If memory serves, we got in early and crashed in one gym and Cavies got in a few hours later (or at least it seemed). All we knew was that they woke us up when they got in, or something to that effect. Suffice to say, the next morning our battery decided to play their warmup cadence as the alarm call. Too bad for Cavies, though, as they were separated from us by only one row of doors. I'm pretty sure they were super irked with an alarm call after only a couple hours of floor time... Come to think of it, though, this might have taken place over two days. Anyone???

I also remember in '98 when we shared housing with, I want to say, Crossmen after the Wakefield, Mass. show on July 4th.

(Author's Note: while Taco-in-a-Bag is one of the most awesome snacks/meals EVER, I think that that was all we had to eat before doing the Wakefield parade AND the following show. And with only a sandwich after the Bristol parade that morning, one could say we were kinda bagged-out...)

So, anyways, the DM's from BOTH corps' found the scoreboard buzzer for the gym (we were all in one, large gym, separated by a scrim of sorts). Yes, buzzing was bountiful until the DM's called a quasi-truce. I forget who got the last, late night buzz and who the early morning one, but that's what always made me love shared housing. I do, however, also remember being on lining crew the next morning. Anyone that knows a guy named Jon "HB" Divita will know why it was a rough start that next morning. Here's a hint: post-show, backyard, standstill concert extravaganza for random drunks. Yeah for random houseparties near show stadiums on the 4th.

MAN, I miss drum corps...

"Happy 'forth' Buckeyes!" (you had to be there)

Priceless.

B)

Besides all this, waking the corps with Autumn Leaves on Finals morning in 2000 was friggin' SWEET!

Edited by oswald

Anyone that knows a guy named Jon "HB" Divita will know why it was a rough start that next morning. Here's a hint: post-show, backyard, standstill concert extravaganza for random drunks. Yeah for random houseparties near show stadiums on the 4th.

Good times... good times...

In 93, we were practicing on a field next to a neighborhood where there was a house no more than 30 feet from

the field. After about 20 minutes of practice, a woman comes out pleading with the staff to move us to another field

because her house was rattling so bad that pictures were falling off of the walls.

Needless to say, we all looked at each other with a "Oh, he77 yeah!" look. :P

very similar to the "Pillow War of 2004" between SCV and Phantom during the tour of champions.... Oh the memories... :-)

Great stories!