Best guard unis of the year...

I liked Glassmen. I sat next to an elderly guy and we were on the right 25 yard line. Which evidentally is where the lead lady guard member was changing uniforms. He kept talking about how we were at a drum corps show and watching a strip show :lol: rather amusing, b**bs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, hardly any corps' guard has actual "uniforms" since they seem to all feel compelled to have random individual costumes.

I Liked:

Blue Stars (cunningly costumed as actual humans -- imagine THAT !)

Crown (good color and simple)

I Didn't like:

Vanguard (skivvies)

Madison (disturbingly racist)

the rest were unremarkable.

I did also like the classic-phantom-costumed person parading over the exit gate with the chevron flag as Phantom exited the field...

Here are some of what I liked and disliked...

Liked/Loved...

Cavaliers - Best thematic guard unis EVER

Bluecoats - Loved how the tops changed with the silks...reminds me of one of Jennifo's guards

Crown - Purple is the new black

Glassmen - GREAT costume changes...and the top hats were so classy! I loved this guard.

Blue Stars - VERY tasteful... love the flowing dresses in the girls

Crossmen - Those tops should become the new corps jackets. Those were HOT!

Disliked...

Blue Devils - I loved the oversize collars (just like Cavaliers unis hah) but I didn't like the toilet paper sashes

SCV - I think they were totally hot close-up, but they look sloppy from above

Boston - Too much like their 2000 and 2003 unis. Get some new ideas, peeps! I loved last year's!

Madison - Too busy, even though I dig the headpieces

Colts - Too much like 99 Glassmen....and the addition of skirts made them look frumpy

Blue Stars were easy on the eyes, nice color palette.

BD is always looking sharp.

Cadets, you really have to see them up close....

I really didn't like Cavaliers, it looked to busy, and the head gear, yack. It fit the show, but it could have been done better.

Not going to lie.

I loved how madisons uniforms were designed. I think it fit the show nicly.

Crowns uniforms were the deal, but the hair design for the girls however was deff. not. (sorry ladies no offense just personal opinion)

Blue Devils - I loved the oversize collars (just like Cavaliers unis hah) but I didn't like the toilet paper sashes

I'm glad you mentioned this.. I wondered about that when I first saw them... it wasn't until Saturday night that I think I figured out what that was supposed to be.. It's a puppet string.. like the marionette string in the logo? I kept asking uncle z, "what is that thing flopping around on the uniform?" Then they busted out with the marionette handle on the chair and I was like, Oooohhhhhh!! I get it now!!

I'm glad you mentioned this.. I wondered about that when I first saw them... it wasn't until Saturday night that I think I figured out what that was supposed to be.. It's a puppet string.. like the marionette string in the logo? I kept asking uncle z, "what is that thing flopping around on the uniform?" Then they busted out with the marionette handle on the chair and I was like, Oooohhhhhh!! I get it now!!

OMG, you're kidding, right? I had NO idea....

I think colorguard unis should be clear and visible to the eye. If I'd seen them up close in live performance, video, and photos...and still can't tell what's up... then something's wrong.

But thanks Stef for clearing that up.