Favorite Visual Move of 2006

I also liked the "swarming around the sorceress" from BK.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda liked the Crown "drop spreader" during the percussion feature in the opener.

That was a very cool move too.

Also add SCV's block formation in the opener and the rolling cirlce that spits out the trumpet line.

The skipping section during the Cavies show, along with the conveyor belt at the end.

No one's yet mentioned the sudden appearence and dissapearence of the word "OLD" in Spirit's opener, the "old" part of their theme.

I always loved looking forward to the swirling masses in BK's percussion feature, hopping up and leaping like atoms trying to escape an impending black hole, and only at the end do you realize the form is symmetrical as they march out of it.

Didn't notice BD's gun until Quarterfinals. Took me a couple more viewings to realize what the movement was inside the chamber. Cool.

SCV's final "tracing the hourglass" movement was stunningly effective.

The part in Cadets' show when Alice is finding the items from last year and the horns form references to them in the drill at the same time was inspired, though many didn't catch the connection. For example, a form of an umbrella when she finds the umbrella, the crown when she finds the princess hat, the crowbar when she finds the hammer.

And one of the neatest visual moves, because all we had at the time was looking at the visual, was really an audio move...Glassmen's silent drill homage to Beethoven going deaf.

Hands down...

cavie_18277.jpg

cavie_18276.jpg

yeah.. gonna have to agree with that.

Michael Gaines is to be commended once again

Definitely the ElastiCorps section from the Cavaliers show.

I agree...... fantastic visual.

I also liked the end of SCV's show, with the corps moving off into the corner, and Mr. Moto walking between the cymbals which were forming the corps' classic "V." Simple, yet very effective, IMO.

Fran

BD's Heart/dagger, and their gun.

I really thought Phantom's move toward the beginning of end of the closer when the guard and corps proper make haste and blend together...it was very effective use of fast moving wall of white.

Phantom guard running out the layers of circles.

Blue Devils "drumming air"

The thing about the Cavaliers is that they had several somewhat "easy" moves and were made effective just how they moved with great posture and feet. (this is addition to their very cool designs)

Crown had several great moves.