"audience award"

Only problem with using texting is that it might skew the results a bit too much towards younger fans ...

And teenagers spend 15$ on programs all the time.... :blink:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a way cool idea, I say it can be done with the suggestions made here. :)

Edited by Lancerlady

And teenagers spend 15$ on programs all the time.... :blink:

The only $15 program is one I just bought from a fellow DCPer. He could charge a little more cause it was out of print. Typically the programs cost $10, though if this were implimented I could imagine that price going up a little.

Well I just guessed on a price, mainly because I have never bought one because they are too expensive. Whenever I go to DCI or WGI shows, it's always the older parents buy the programs as souvenirs or to see their kids in it. I haver seen very few near-marching-age people actually selling out the $$ for a program.

It will probably work great at DCA where most of thei audience is older any ways. But I can't see a flock of high school band kids at DCI finals actually all buying programs to vote.

It will probably work great at DCA where most of thei audience is older any ways. But I can't see a flock of high school band kids at DCI finals actually all buying programs to vote.

Then it would be their loss ... :blink:

So who said we were doing this for a flock of high school band kids???

Yeah really. They'd just vote for the corps that was most unlike real drum corps! :P

I don't see why they couldnt just give each person a single ballot as they entered the stadium (a lot like the way they do handouts to fans at ballgames). If it was scantron based I don't see why they couldn't have them all counted by the next night.