Strange Rules of Drum Corps

What are the strangest rules your corps has had?

I have heard of no yawning or you will run laps. That is crazy!

My corps doesn't have any weird rules though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't wear clothing of "other corps". I vividly remember the night I showed up to camp wearing a Cadets shirt and being told, "You might want to take that off"

This coming from a guy who had a Bluecoats tat on his shoulder for the whole world to see.

Wow! That's a good one! I'd have to be naked, because that's all the shirts I own is other coorps.

At the corps I marched, members were not allowed to wear other corps apparel during rehearsal. However, for people who had marched elsewhere, the clothing was generally overlooked. For example, we had a contra who had marched the previous year at Troopers. If he wore a Troopers shirt, no one really cared.

Edited by flashofthunder

What are the strangest rules your corps has had?

I have heard of no yawning or you will run laps. That is crazy!

My corps doesn't have any weird rules though.

Do not drive with bolt cutters in your trunk, and you cannot have a horse on the second story of a public building.

Oh wait, those are strange Texas laws.

:rolleyes:

Do not drive with bolt cutters in your trunk, and you cannot have a horse on the second story of a public building.

Oh wait, those are strange Texas laws.

:rolleyes:

Can you have a horse on the 3rd floor? :P

Yes, but good luck getting it to the third floor without it ever being on the second floor.

Yes, but since you can't get him there by going through Floor 2, you have to either lift him by a crane into the window, or airlift him to the roof by helicopter and take him down the stairs. (Elevator is risky, because it might skip your floor ....).

Yes, but good luck getting it to the third floor without it ever being on the second floor.

Use the adjancet "PRIVATE" building, build a wooden plank bridge, third flood, no problem.

Don't wear clothing of "other corps". I vividly remember the night I showed up to camp wearing a Cadets shirt and being told, "You might want to take that off"

This coming from a guy who had a Bluecoats tat on his shoulder for the whole world to see.

How is that a strange rule? This is a rule at my corps too, but it's generally accepted as common sense. Not to mention it's rude..