Double huh? huh?

Huh? Who the #### wants to hear about drinking,etc.? This is a family post. Wonder how many under age people were at that bar?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, drumcorpsmama, Patrick's is a family bar. It just happens to be owned and operated by a drum corps family.

We may talk big about the partying, but we all had to be ready for rehearsals the next morning, and from the performances on Sunday, obviously everyone was ready.

Thanks for visiting the All-Age Forum.

Huh? Who the #### wants to hear about drinking,etc.? This is a family post. Wonder how many under age people were at that bar?

Ummm...

Sorry honey. These are posts by people of the human race. They are not particularly geared towards families, preschoolers, the elderly, gays, nobel-prize-winners, idiots, worm-farmers, buck-toothed hummers or Italian blonde bombshells.

Your question about under-age people implies that you have some sort of weird hang-up about this subject. WTF?

Let those of us who love drum corps and the commaraderie within it enjoy each other's company. As someone who has been to Patrick's many times I can assure you that it is one of the best places on our Drum Corps Planet that you would ever care to be. I have seen many happy families there. It would be interesting to see yours there. How about it?

If not, then to be perfectly frank and family-friendly: Mind your own business.

Edited by Ron H

I have been to many Patricks partys over the years. This was the best one yet! Our Kiltie table made friends with people from 4 other corps. One of the great things allage corps can do. ( Go Heather! ) We also made friends with some towns people. One was the only worker to have the night off. I think she will join the Govies but she will still like the Kilties. ( go Desiree ). Lets get this D.C.A. central going! We are all going to need shows for our schedules and reads.

Edited by moon

Ummm...

Sorry honey. These are posts by people of the human race. They are not particularly geared towards families, preschoolers, the elderly, gays, nobel-prize-winners, idiots, worm-farmers, buck-toothed hummers or Italian blonde bombshells.

Your question about under-age people implies that you have some sort of weird hang-up about this subject. WTF?

Let those of us who love drum corps and the commaraderie within it enjoy each other's company.

To be perfectly frank and family-friendly: Mind your own business.

Yes drumcorpsmama should mind her own business but she has a right to express her own opinion, twisted as it is.

Ummm...

Let those of us who love drum corps and the commaraderie within it enjoy each other's company.

To be perfectly frank and family-friendly: Mind your own business.

Yes drumcorpsmama should mind her own business but she has a right to express her own opinion, twisted as it is.

Of course she does. And I have a right to counter her opinion. And I will do it in a frank and family-friendly way. :)

Okay...

First off, the thread is named "Party at Patrick's." As it *IS* a bar... Well, they are going to be the occassional references to drinking. I'm sorry, that's just how it is going to be.

Personally, I don't drink. And I found it to be a healthy atmosphere. Sure, people were drinking and having fun. But, it wasn't just a bunch of drunken debauchery. We're just a bunch of folks having a good time getting to finally put faces to names or reunite with old friends.

The idea behind the drinking, to me, was not so much focused on the consumption of alcohol... But, in a manner of speaking it was like breaking bread.

So, though I do understand that it may seem as though the focus of DCA is about drinking, it isn't. If it was... Then I wouldn't be a part of it, I can guarantee you that much.

I personally think that DCI could learn a few things from the senior corps when it comes to some things. That's the comraderie and the focus on having fun and doing it for the love of the sport and the love of the music.

Okay...

First off, the thread is named "Party at Patrick's." As it *IS* a bar... Well, they are going to be the occassional references to drinking. I'm sorry, that's just how it is going to be.

Personally, I don't drink. And I found it to be a healthy atmosphere. Sure, people were drinking and having fun. But, it wasn't just a bunch of drunken debauchery. We're just a bunch of folks having a good time getting to finally put faces to names or reunite with old friends.

The idea behind the drinking, to me, was not so much focused on the consumption of alcohol... But, in a manner of speaking it was like breaking bread.

So, though I do understand that it may seem as though the focus of DCA is about drinking, it isn't. If it was... Then I wouldn't be a part of it, I can guarantee you that much.

I personally think that DCI could learn a few things from the senior corps when it comes to some things. That's the comraderie and the focus on having fun and doing it for the love of the sport and the love of the music.

Never knew I could be taken out of context. The point I am/was trying to make is put this therad into OT. Kids read these posts. What impression are they getting from this? Read the last paragraph of the above quote.As Sgt Joe Friday said:" Just the facts"

Aggie Dan: I like the reference to the breaking bread. That really insults me as a Catholic.