South St. Paul MN Aug. 20th Show

Scott, I'm not sure if this was meant as sarcasm or not (really!).

But if it was, you've taken me out of context.

No sarcasm meant at all. Thanks again! :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool....I'm glad to hear that.

Many people traveled many miles to put on the MN shows. Congradulations to all the corps! Every corps performance gave the people a good example of drum corps entertainment. We all need to help each other at making D.C.A. central stronger. All age corps will need shows to perform at, corps to compare to, and reads for D.C.A. For the kids who need a place to train, the young adults who can't afford the $ or time of a div. 1 corps, us old farts who need all the exersize we can get, we need to work together for the all age corps.

the good news for MCL is i am sure it's been noticed that they had huge holes, especially in the battery. it's a clean slate at prelims, so it aint over til its over

We heard a bit of Frontier on Sunday as we made the trek down the hill to warmup ourselves. Tried to walk slower so I could listen to more of it. :drool: Liked the arrangements and liked the sound. A couple of alumni said very nice things about the quality of the group on the field.

I'll vouch for that. My car was parked right in front of their horn arc... I ended up polishing my shoes and horn and changing in fron of them as they warmed up. (Yes, Frontier people, I was the guy in the flaming shirt!) :drool: I enjoyed it, though. It sounded great.

I'll vouch for that. My car was parked right in front of their horn arc... I ended up polishing my shoes and horn and changing in fron of them as they warmed up. (Yes, Frontier people, I was the guy in the flaming shirt!) :drool: I enjoyed it, though. It sounded great.

Ah, Matthew Kilanowski, we finally have a name to go with the only non-texan who was supporting the ^0^ fire ^0^ theme! We hope to see that shirt in Rochester (I may make you an offer for it).

I was pleased with this weekend.

Run on Saturday was ok, Run on Sunday was our best to date. That's all I care about.

Not going to argue about scores, placements, changes, judges, sun, lines on the field, missing people, etc. We all had those issues, at various degrees, not going to justify any result because of any of those or other things. Just going to take control of what I can about our performance and make it better the next opportunity

Not slaming those that do, just don't worry about it. Do the best you can at every show. Have a good time, entertain the audience, and improve every performance. Meet people from other corps and locations and enjoy this activity.

So again, I am not trying to slam anyone, but really really hated logging onto DCP wanting to hear great stories about the weekend, performances, and social events and reading so many negatives.

So thanks again to Govies for all you did for Frontier this weekend. Thanks to Govies and MBI both for putting on 2 very well run shows. Thanks for allowing a new face from TX to play drum corps on your fields. Looking forward to a great DCA weekend, and seeing what everyone brings to the table at Prelims and finals. Good luck to everyone

Ah, Matthew Kilanowski, we finally have a name to go with the only non-texan who was supporting the ^0^ fire ^0^ theme! We hope to see that shirt in Rochester (I may make you an offer for it).

:drool: I don't think I've ever had anyone make an offer for the shirt off my back! I may take you up on it... I guess I'm kind of a Fran Haring when it comes to flaming clothing, so I could probably spare the one. Hats, shoes, shirts, shorts, pants, even boxers. You name it, I flame it.

( :drool: Am I going to regret saying that last sentence?)

Edited by CallipygianKing

I was pleased with this weekend.

Run on Saturday was ok, Run on Sunday was our best to date. That's all I care about.

Not going to argue about scores, placements, changes, judges, sun, lines on the field, missing people, etc. We all had those issues, at various degrees, not going to justify any result because of any of those or other things. Just going to take control of what I can about our performance and make it better the next opportunity

Not slaming those that do, just don't worry about it. Do the best you can at every show. Have a good time, entertain the audience, and improve every performance. Meet people from other corps and locations and enjoy this activity.

So again, I am not trying to slam anyone, but really really hated logging onto DCP wanting to hear great stories about the weekend, performances, and social events and reading so many negatives.

So thanks again to Govies for all you did for Frontier this weekend. Thanks to Govies and MBI both for putting on 2 very well run shows. Thanks for allowing a new face from TX to play drum corps on your fields. Looking forward to a great DCA weekend, and seeing what everyone brings to the table at Prelims and finals. Good luck to everyone

Well said, Chris. It's a pleasure havin the Frontier around. We've been hanging with you guys since your first show in DeKalb last year. It's like watching our little brother corps grow up. Keep up the great job and keep that healthy philosophy flowing.