Marching Member Hall of Fame

This is a great post however a bit demeaning (just a bit). Surely many corps had a great marchers, so far we've seen people from top 12 corps, or 13. I can say that the "A" Class corps I was in in the 70's had great marchers too but who would've heard of Carleen Tesavis, Holly Hooper, Colleen Grapes, Dave Newman, Marvin Newton and even Jim Vlaovich? I used to be pretty good too back in the day.

But who has heard of me?

Who are you again ? j/k :P

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Kevin Hagopian, there is now a PHD after his name. That's right, he is now Dr. Hagopian.

This is a great post however a bit demeaning (just a bit). Surely many corps had a great marchers, so far we've seen people from top 12 corps, or 13. I can say that the "A" Class corps I was in in the 70's had great marchers too but who would've heard of Carleen Tesavis, Holly Hooper, Colleen Grapes, Dave Newman, Marvin Newton and even Jim Vlaovich? I used to be pretty good too back in the day.

But who has heard of me?

A good point. Maybe need some sort of 'unknown marcher' nomination, which represents everyone who entered the field in competetion.

A good point. Maybe need some sort of 'unknown marcher' nomination, which represents everyone who entered the field in competetion.

That would be ME, then! :P

But who has heard of me?

Scuse me, scuse me, I marched with Colleen Grapes!!! So there's one person that knows one person on that list, and a27thLancer, LancerLegend, John2780 and many other Lancers on here would know her!!

In the Reveries, our fabulous manager/director Slushy Solumbrino used to say something like, pound for pound this is one of the most talented drum corps or something like that. I hope his son or maybe TJ who seems to remember everything can quote it perfectly!!

When you think of some people that went from smaller corps for whatever reason to a top 25 corps back then, there were a lot of people. Or simply merged once or twice had one or two very difficult years and came out smokin....that would be North Star - it's hard to imagine how much talent existed. Raw talent, some self taught, some with fabulous instructors that also don't get the recognition maybe because they didn't make the leap to a bigger corps of more well known corp. We know who they were: Frank Raffa, Frank Grelle, Arthur Riley (Debbie's Dad), Karen Kelly, and on and on and on!

I also remember thinking in 1976 after a show when were getting on the bus, I said to Zingali, you know I thought this would be soooo much different than being in the Reveries.....the fact is, it isn't I don't remember what specifically happened that day, I knew I would march until I aged out, but I guess I can't explain why it felt the same. He didn't understand exactly either.....DOH

Anyway, I know what you're saying exactly!

And we've all heard of you!! :)

Awesome jazz hands :)

That was funny that you said that. At first I thought he had his hat in the crook of his left arm, but then I saw his left hand. But now I cannot see his right hand (left looking at it).

I'll keep looking but I don't see it! Is it on his hip?

Jim Jordan of the B-men did that a lot I seemed to notice... :lol:

Scuse me, scuse me, I marched with Colleen Grapes!!! So there's one person that knows one person on that list, and a27thLancer, LancerLegend, John2780 and many other Lancers on here would know her!!

In the Reveries, our fabulous manager/director Slushy Solumbrino used to say something like, pound for pound this is one of the most talented drum corps or something like that. I hope his son or maybe TJ who seems to remember everything can quote it perfectly!!

When you think of some people that went from smaller corps for whatever reason to a top 25 corps back then, there were a lot of people. Or simply merged once or twice had one or two very difficult years and came out smokin....that would be North Star - it's hard to imagine how much talent existed. Raw talent, some self taught, some with fabulous instructors that also don't get the recognition maybe because they didn't make the leap to a bigger corps of more well known corp. We know who they were: Frank Raffa, Frank Grelle, Arthur Riley (Debbie's Dad), Karen Kelly, and on and on and on!

I also remember thinking in 1976 after a show when were getting on the bus, I said to Zingali, you know I thought this would be soooo much different than being in the Reveries.....the fact is, it isn't I don't remember what specifically happened that day, I knew I would march until I aged out, but I guess I can't explain why it felt the same. He didn't understand exactly either.....DOH

Anyway, I know what you're saying exactly!

And we've all heard of you!! :)

** deciding if he wants to say something here about DCP-I :P **