Dear Future Director of the Madison Scouts...

PPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE x infinity...

...let the Madison Scouts play some really loud spanish music with lots of fire and gusto... The Madison Scouts I know have style that is unrivaled, and I would LOVE to see that again... Please put a giant fluer de lis on the field... Please have some of the cleanest drill in DCI... Please have at least 3 RIDICULOUS soprano soloists who can peel the skin off my face... Please play to the audience... Please make me throw a baby, or small child at least, out of the stands... Please make me lose my voice... Please make me watch the DVD over and over and over again at how freaking awesome the Scouts are... Please be the loudest drum corps of the year... Please be incredibly masculine, incredibly bad###, totally MADISON.

Be Madison.

PLEASE, don't be generic.

That is all, carry on.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Future Madison Scouts Director,

Please don't let anyone or anything you read or hear about on this microcosm we know and mistake for the majority as DCP influence your decision making in any way shape or form.

Please do the job you are hired to do.

Please keep the boys safe, happy, fed and clean.

Please hire a staff that will give them a show they enjoy performing and can be competitively successful with.

Please get here soon.

Thanks!

"a generic fan who loves to watch a drum corps find their niche even if it's different now than it was 10 years ago"

ignore that post up there.... they want you to play loud, too.... I said so.

I keed, I keed...

All in good fun... I want them to do all that stuff above too, I'm just having some fun... No need to start an argument...

PS: I hate arguing about drum corps... BAH!

Edited by SCVsopAaron

Bring back the bad ### Madison

Please bring back white pants with green stripes..and a simple uniform...none of the Cesario crap! Please bring back the company front coming onto the field! Please bring true entertainment back to the corps! Please bring a freakin' awesome hornline and have them play way to loud, yet with good tone quality and in-tuneness!

Please bring back a marching style that is truly only the Scouts...not the Cavies, not SCV, not anybody but the Mother F**king Madison Scouts!!!!!!!

Finally, please bring back a bright, talented staff that understands the Madison Identity and knows how to create a show that is ONLY MADISON!!

and to mention the obvious...keep the corps safe, and well fed, and let them enjoy their summer. (Remember when Madison had a free day/free night once a week and only practiced 8 hours a day!!!)

Thank You!

PPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE x infinity...

...let the Madison Scouts play some really loud spanish music with lots of fire and gusto... The Madison Scouts I know have style that is unrivaled, and I would LOVE to see that again... Please put a giant fluer de lis on the field... Please have some of the cleanest drill in DCI... Please have at least 3 RIDICULOUS soprano soloists who can peel the skin off my face... Please play to the audience... Please make me throw a baby, or small child at least, out of the stands... Please make me lose my voice... Please make me watch the DVD over and over and over again at how freaking awesome the Scouts are... Please be the loudest drum corps of the year... Please be incredibly masculine, incredibly bad###, totally MADISON.

Be Madison.

PLEASE, don't be generic.

That is all, carry on.

The show that you just described is about the most generic thing I've seen. It's a carbon copy of 88, 95, and 96, among others. And you can replace "please play to the audience," which many other people are part of, to "please play to me."

Please do the job you are hired to do.

Dear Board of Directors, Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps;

Please hire someone to do the job as described by Aaron.

-Someone who also misses the Scouts of old.