LUCKY 13?

1995 Troopers....WOW...oh wait that was 14th, STILL AMAZING.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's '79 Crossmen, and it's not really even close. It was a finalist corps and show that had the misfortune to have a blah prelims performance with a panel that wasn't gonna give em benefit of the doubt, coupled with an inspired Troopers performance earlier in the day. They were on track, up until that Friday afternoon, to be a top 8 corps in Finals Saturday night,

Most of the rest of this list were good shows, but not shows that had been in position to be solid finalists

The Crossmen were never on track to be a top eight corps late in 1979. They had 11th place written all over them going into prelims, losing to the Blue Stars, North Star and Guardsmen in the shows leading up to finals week. One week before finals, the Crossmen were 7th at DCI East, losing to many of the corps they would have had to have beaten to finish in the top ten. The Crossmen limped into prelims with no momentum at all.

The Crossmen were never on track to be a top eight corps late in 1979. They had 11th place written all over them going into prelims, losing to the Blue Stars, North Star and Guardsmen in the shows leading up to finals week.

In Allentown they were 2 points up on Cavies and 3.6 down from 27th. 3 nights later, at the last show before prelims, they were 4 points up on Cavaliers and just .9 down from 27th, who wound up in 5th. They closed up two and a half points in a couple days and opened a big spread between themselves and the eventual 11th place finalist.

When you're rapidly closing the gap at the top and increasing the spread at the bottom, it's hard to say that you're limping. But with no finals appearance, it's also hard to say what would have eventually happened (doubly hard given some of the weirdness going on in B'ham that week) B)

Edited by mobrien

The Crossmen were never on track to be a top eight corps late in 1979. They had 11th place written all over them going into prelims, losing to the Blue Stars, North Star and Guardsmen in the shows leading up to finals week. One week before finals, the Crossmen were 7th at DCI East, losing to many of the corps they would have had to have beaten to finish in the top ten. The Crossmen limped into prelims with no momentum at all.

No??? :lol: I have a copy of every show that year we were in along with scores. Would you like to see some proof that we were in the thick of things when it came to being in the top 8??? :sshh:

I hate talking about this year! It really does leave a bad taste in my mouth! ^0^

I won't say Magic '98 was the best of those corps, but I will say that there's no doubt in my mind that they were far and away the best non-finalist hornline in the history of drum corps. Those guys were absolute monsters. Notes for days, ridiculous sops and mellos and power to match ANY line from that year.

The visual design and performance problems(as well as a less than stellar percussion section) torpedoed the corps. Constant drill rewrites kept them from achieving their true potential....they were almost as clean musically in June as they were when they finished the year.

Thanks for the shout out on 27th Lancers 1986 show. If you want to hear it, click our link below on my signature. :) Interesting I just noticed we had the highest score for a 13th place show of all the corps listed here. And if you look at corps reps you will see a considerable drop in scores from prelims to finals night.

Hey Stef, get your glasses checked girl and you'll see that Dutch Boy had the highest score with an 86.4. didn't you guys have an 85.6 ??? :worthy: