Percussion techs needed at Wayne Valley HS in NJ

Wayne Valley HS in Wayne, NJ (Passaic County). Needs 2 percussion techs for the season which begins next week (9/6/06). Drum Corps experience needed. We have a new director, who is taking the band in a new direction and we also have a new young staff, all of whom have drum corps experience and are eager to develop Wayne Valley into a dynamic and high quality band. If you are interested in joining our team. Please email band director: Keith Warfield at Bakstik2@optonline.net or call 201 343-2621.

Keith Warfield

Band Director

WVHS

Wayne, NJ 07470

email: Bakstik2@optonline.net

call: 201-343-2621

Just a bit of a warning to those that are interested.

NJ has a rule that you are required to have a minimum of 60 college credits to be working with kids.

Now, if WVHS has worked around this (it can be done, beinig hired by the band parents assoc, etc) then all is good, but if not, it could be a problem.

I was affected by this personally when I was teaching a couple of years ago.

That being said, good luck WVHS!!

NJ has a rule that you are required to have a minimum of 60 college credits to be working with kids.

depends on the area. Not all require that

Just a bit of a warning to those that are interested.

Now, if WVHS has worked around this (it can be done, beinig hired by the band parents assoc, etc) then all is good, but if not, it could be a problem.

I was affected by this personally when I was teaching a couple of years ago.

That being said, good luck WVHS!!

While it is not a state law...many if not most NJ districts in the interest of student safety (and of course liability) have gone to making anyone who interacts with students pass the substitute teacher process. This tends to include requiring the 60 college credits. It also includes the fingerprint and background check, which goes through the county superintendent's office and has a fee attached to it.

We require it in West Windsor-Plainsboro, for sure. I had to go through it years ago, and our visual guy as well, as we are both adjunct faculty. Because I am a certified teacher my license is permanent. Our visual guy had to go through the process a second time recently, as his was only good for three years.