Parody- Changes for "Black Watch"

:P Edinborough, Scotland- Col. Ronald MacDonald said today, that the 3rdBn., 42nd Royal Regt. of Scotland...the famous "Black Watch", will soon be making some changes. The colonel stated that his interest in American drum & bugle corps forced him to take a look at the "new and innovative changes" sweeping the activity on 'this side of the pond.'

Although a photo was not available for press release, Ronald described the impending changes in both uniforms and instruments.

"First of all," says Col. MacDonald, "we're doing away with the traditional glengarry headgear, in favor of the less expensive

fast-food paper 'envelope' style hat with the golden arches. He likes the fact that it says 'MacDonald's' on it. The scarlet red jacket will be replaced with a white cotton blouse, tied at the midrif. Much cooler in the summer, and we don't want our boys to sweat. The Regimental Crest, a rampant crowned lion, will be taken off the baldric. In it's place will be a Timex with a black dial face. "We have to change with the 'times.' So what better symbol for the "Black Watch" than a black watch?"

The dreary dark green and black kilts will change to a nice bright lime green and magenta tartan, which will light up the entire uniform. The horse-hair sporrans will be replaced with red leather pocketbooks. The hose will of course match the bright new plaid kilts. In the interest of comfort, the brogan style shoes will bediscontinued in favor of Nike running shoes.

Sadly, the Colonel has decided to relegate all of the group's bagpipes to the museum in Sterling Castle. "I know some of the pipes date back to Waterloo, and there's a lot of tradition there. But people don't want that anymore! New! It's got to be new...groundbreaking. What the Yanks call 'groundbreaking.'!! So, we're going with clarinets, instead. Much cheaper, don't you know. And more accesible to the up-and-coming students."

When asked to comment on the new look of the Black Watch, famed uniform designer Michael Cesario said, " I think it's special!"

George Hopkins, when asked about his thoughts concerning the famed 42nd putting away their bagpipes forever, said, "Well, it makes sense to me." :worthy:

Now this is FUNNY!!!

:P Edinborough, Scotland- Col. Ronald MacDonald said today, that the 3rdBn., 42nd Royal Regt. of Scotland...the famous "Black Watch", will soon be making some changes. The colonel stated that his interest in American drum & bugle corps forced him to take a look at the "new and innovative changes" sweeping the activity on 'this side of the pond.'

Although a photo was not available for press release, Ronald described the impending changes in both uniforms and instruments.

"First of all," says Col. MacDonald, "we're doing away with the traditional glengarry headgear, in favor of the less expensive

fast-food paper 'envelope' style hat with the golden arches. He likes the fact that it says 'MacDonald's' on it. The scarlet red jacket will be replaced with a white cotton blouse, tied at the midrif. Much cooler in the summer, and we don't want our boys to sweat. The Regimental Crest, a rampant crowned lion, will be taken off the baldric. In it's place will be a Timex with a black dial face. "We have to change with the 'times.' So what better symbol for the "Black Watch" than a black watch?"

The dreary dark green and black kilts will change to a nice bright lime green and magenta tartan, which will light up the entire uniform. The horse-hair sporrans will be replaced with red leather pocketbooks. The hose will of course match the bright new plaid kilts. In the interest of comfort, the brogan style shoes will bediscontinued in favor of Nike running shoes.

Sadly, the Colonel has decided to relegate all of the group's bagpipes to the museum in Sterling Castle. "I know some of the pipes date back to Waterloo, and there's a lot of tradition there. But people don't want that anymore! New! It's got to be new...groundbreaking. What the Yanks call 'groundbreaking.'!! So, we're going with clarinets, instead. Much cheaper, don't you know. And more accesible to the up-and-coming students."

When asked to comment on the new look of the Black Watch, famed uniform designer Michael Cesario said, " I think it's special!"

George Hopkins, when asked about his thoughts concerning the famed 42nd putting away their bagpipes forever, said, "Well, it makes sense to me." :worthy:

Come on guys....it is kinda funny. b**bs

George Hopkins, when asked about his thoughts concerning the famed 42nd putting away their bagpipes forever, said, "Well, it makes sense to me." :blink:

I'd put the pipers away, too - I've had to stand next to them for years! :)

Mike

(Silver Thistle Pipes and Drums, Austin, TX)

Well, some people DO prefer the "fingers on the chalkboard" screech of a clarinet...to the "cat torturing" wail of the pipes. :P