DCI demands!

oh my goodness. it was never a question of "are finals being held in pasadena?" (for ALL divisions)

that was decided over a year ago. stop starting rumors that are already known to be false!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my goodness. it was never a question of "are finals being held in pasadena?" (for ALL divisions)

that was decided over a year ago. stop starting rumors that are already known to be false!

I'm just concerned for the div 3 corps - budgets tend to be tight for a lot of them......

like i and several others have said -- it's been known for well over a year. there are west coast corps that don't attend finals every year due to distance/budget (BDB, SCVC, etc)

yes, it will be sad if not everyone can attend, but other corps have faced similar situations and been fine. no location is going to be perfect for everyone.

like i and several others have said -- it's been known for well over a year. there are west coast corps that don't attend finals every year due to distance/budget (BDB, SCVC, etc)

yes, it will be sad if not everyone can attend, but other corps have faced similar situations and been fine. no location is going to be perfect for everyone.

I agree with everything you said, but I'm also going on experience here. We had to skip DCI in Florida 2003 and we didn't decide that until early May. Foreknowledge of the location doesn't always mean certainty of your ability to attend.

I agree with everything you said, but I'm also going on experience here. We had to skip DCI in Florida 2003 and we didn't decide that until early May. Foreknowledge of the location doesn't always mean certainty of your ability to attend.

And thats why DCI wants an awnser, SO that people that want to march a full season can and don't get stuck with out a place to march when a corps folds in may / june

And thats why DCI wants an awnser, SO that people that want to march a full season can and don't get stuck with out a place to march when a corps folds in may / june

Just to be clear - we didn't fold. We did a tour, we just didn't go to DCI. If we had gone to DCI that year there would have been no Dutch Boy the following year. It was a wise move and we actually had a lot of fun that year. As far as I recall we didn't lose anyone as a result of the decision.

Is there any news on who/how many div 2/3 corps have declared their intention to attend finals?

Perhaps DCA could facilitate something? A Junior-class championship in mid-August?

All these comments about having to go all the way to Pasadena. What about all the California Div 2 and 3 corps having to go all the way Indianapolis for the next 10 years? :(

Agreed - huge problem. The basic question there is - can a pan-continental div 2-3 circuit be maintained in a manner that is fair to everyone involved? Again - I especially wonder about the div 3 corps here as their resources are the most tightly stretched.

All these comments about having to go all the way to Pasadena. What about all the California Div 2 and 3 corps having to go all the way Indianapolis for the next 10 years? :(

No CA II/III corps "have to" go to Indy.

Once again:

No one in division II/III is forced to go to Pasadena in '07.

No one in division II/III is forced to go to Indianapolis in '08.

It's a free country, and drum corps is allowed to exist outside of DCI championship week.