Boston Crusaders 2007 Finals, Pasadena,CA

Plight  

200 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the plight of the Boston Crusaders?

• To Rise in 2007
    • To Fall in 2007
    • None of the above. They will be placed 10th again.

A short history lesson : North Star was the future - they played pop music and everybody loved it - 27 was invincible, and the Crusaders were doomed. Guess who survived? Not a knock, just a fact - and no I never marched BAC.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scores DON'T matter to the members of the Boston Crusaders, at least apparently not as much as the matter to some folks on DCP. The corps' motto "WE DON'T GAVA!" demonstrates this. When is the last time you heard someone from the BAC on DCP whining about a particular score or judge (unlike SOME other groups)?

It's because the kids in Boston are really focused on....well, being "Boston"---which means being into their show and hopefully, the connection with their audience. The numbers will be whatever they are. The Crusaders have ALWAYS known the great truth of drum corps......get ready for it.....that you can't control the numbers-only your performance.

And yes, I agree with DCPguy1111---2006 was arguably the best product-caption for caption-that Boston has ever fielded.

And for the record, the greatest achievement of the 2000 corps was NOT the 5th place finish...it was the audience reaction to that show. It seems to me that the 06 show was much more subtle and less viceral than the 2000 show, but this year's brass sound, drum line, guard and drill were all at a higher level than the previous years.

As far as 2007, I see Boston remaining a great drum corps, whether it ends up in first place or lower.

Awesome...they really do have the true meaning of drum corps down... why can't other corps get it too...some do, some don't, but isnt the main purpose of the activty for the members and to entertain audiences? I am and always have been a fan of BAC and this is exactly why.

• 9 months later...

Well, now that it is the 2007 season... what do you think? :huh:

I wouldn't be suprised if they went up; but I don't expect them to come up by much.

The scores DON'T matter to the members of the Boston Crusaders, at least apparently not as much as the matter to some folks on DCP. The corps' motto "WE DON'T GAVA!" demonstrates this. When is the last time you heard someone from the BAC on DCP whining about a particular score or judge (unlike SOME other groups)?

It's because the kids in Boston are really focused on....well, being "Boston"---which means being into their show and hopefully, the connection with their audience. The numbers will be whatever they are. The Crusaders have ALWAYS known the great truth of drum corps......get ready for it.....that you can't control the numbers-only your performance.

I don't know about that... I knew a couple guys in the BCrusaders that always talked crap about how they should be scoring higher than crown and blue knights and Madison. I'm pretty sure they were focused on what the judges thought and what the score was. Oh.. and that every year they would always say that they had the hardest drill in dci, and they never get credit for it... blah blah blah

plus.. terrance.. i believe they get 9th place alot... i always joke that they either get 5th or 9th.