Drum Corps Situation

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's already been addressed by the corps, I'm just after some un-biased opinions etc, how people would react to a situation like that etc....in otherwords "discuss"

This sounds like something betwen you and the corps and has no place on the board.

Agreed.

:rolleyes:

Unfortunate as this situation is, i'm sure the administration wouldn't appreciate seeing this.

Don't air this here. It's very unprofessional. Doesn't make anyone look better than anyone.

Unbiased opinion: I'm going to assume your over the age of 16. "The Dog Ate My Homework" excuse no longer applies to the real world. Same thing goes for "I'm not the driver". You're an adult and expected to act like one. I'm willing to bet this "not allowed to march" status didn't come out of the blue, that you were probably warned. And the fact that you are an adult and have to be spoken to about not being late and being responsible just makes it worse. My advice, don't air dirty laundry on the board. This was not your corps fault, this wasn't even "the driver's fault". It is YOUR responsiblity to get YOURSELF to places. Apologize to yours, and if in the good graces of God they lety you come back next year, be an adult and get yourself to practice on time. SOrry if that sounds harsh, but at some point it's time to but the Big Boy Pants on.

Well, I guess you can take heart in the fact that whatever the situation may have been between you and the corps, you just made it A LOT worse. I had some problems in the past with posting things like this on the web and I can assure you that most corps administration will probably not take kindly to it. My take on the situation is quit (posting about it) while you are behind and find another corps to march in, you probably just burned your bridges with the White Sabres.

Edited by EuphKub79

GOD I LOVE THE THURSDAY BEFORE FINALS!!!!!

:rolleyes:

<<another $1 to Jeff>>

Edited by tmignemi02

Well, this is really your corps decision and you writing it here is pretty childish. But since you asked, my opinion is, part time members of a corps really sucks for all other marching members beside you that has to learn the show with a hole next to them because you are late or can't make it. You either commit or you don't.