Boston 1985

You know, I marched that year (Les Eclipses) and toured with Boston alot. We all knew about the electronic keyboard in "Axel F" - but it never seemed to be a really big deal. It was sort of "huh, ok, that's cool".

I don't think anyone would have dared say anything against Boston back then. They were very intimidating :P

Best "small" corps I ever saw!

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

Later,

Mike

Sorry, they weren't even the best small corps that year. Cough*US*Cough (I have a great Boston 1985 story, but it's OT.)

Anyway, they sure were an intense bunch. They didn't have the synth on first tour though, did they?

Later,

Mike

Oh, YES

Pound for Pound, no small corps has matched BAC'S accomplishments. In 1983, with only 18 brass and less then 50 members, they made DCI DIV. 1. In 1979 they had 25ish in the brass Line and were amazing. In 1985 BAC only used the electronics at DCI Semi-Finals, took the penalty and it sounded great. Talk about Ba!!s, they didn't even drop one spot from Quarter- Finals to Semi - Finals, with a two penalty

Edited by St_Marys64

Later,

Mike

Oh, YES

Pound for Pound, no small corps has matched BAC'S accomplishments. In 1983, with only 18 brass and less then 50 members, they made DCI DIV. 1. In 1979 they had 25ish in the brass Line and were amazing. In 1985 BAC only used the electronics at DCI Semi-Finals, took the penalty and it sounded great. Talk about Ba!!s, they didn't even drop one spot from Quarter- Finals to Semi - Finals, with a two penalty

In 1979 the had 25 brass for the beginning of the first tour. I heard somewhere in Canada a brass player talked back to an instructor and was kicked off the bus. Of course, this could have been fabricated by our staff!

I thought they used it for more than just DCI??? I seem to remember watching a practice where they were using it -waaayyyyy before DCI.

Of course that was a bazillion years ago so I could be wrong.

Later,

Mike

I could swear they used it first tour and took the penalty at every show, then they took it out only to bring it back for semi finals (their last show).