HAHAHA I FORGOT ABOUT VANGUARD HAHAHAHAHA. i miss jason, and tito! :(

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and I both Pal :) I thought (as did everyone in the stands around me) that Hawthorne was on FIRE last night.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

Agree completely about Hawthorne. I was within feet of them when they did a full show "street" performance after they left the field. That alone was worth all my expenses for the weekend.

Thank you all for the words people. I speak for myself and not on behalf of my corpsmates, but I can honestly say that it was an absolute drugging high to perform this show week after week this summer.

The crowd response all season fired us up and made it all worth it. And as for last night, all I can say is that we gave our all and performed from our hearts. We gave to the crowd and they gave right back.

We will NEVER forget this season.

The numbers mean nothing. We loved the fans and support and words of encouragement all season. THANK YOU!!

As for the street encore, well, that was a joy to watch at our after party. It was a blur while performing it. Playing with all we had one last time. Thanks for all the people that flocked to watch us. It was truly a moment that gave new meaning to Caballero Pride.

Thanks again. And like Kay said, you are NEVER too far from Hawthorne.

CABALLERO PRIDE!!!

You never live TOO far from Hawthorne!!!! NO SUCH THING!!!

Thanks very much!

No Kay its... "THANK YOU VERY MUCH " with a slight Memphis twang :)

oh ..and if any of you go or travel to Hawthorne, brings lots of quarters for the Garden State tolls b**bs j/k

CONGRATS to the Cabs on a superb "rebound" in 2006

Edited by hurcwave

Thanks for the love, the show was a blast, the crowd was awesome, and it was fun to rock the city of Rochester again.

And thanks to our staff for making us practice across the street from "you know where". That certainly lit a fire in my belly.

No Kay its... "THANK YOU VERY MUCH " with a slight Memphis twang :)

And another with an English accent watered down after 42 years living in Canada (what would that be - Engadian? Canglish?) Whatever - I was watching each of your bass drummers saying "I wanna be that guy!!!!"

HAHAHAH MIKE IS READING THIS THREAD! Hey DeFranco, did you here us yell your name? lol

I didn't hear anything. My mind was too focused to listen or see anything other than my DM that night... i was on cloud 9 :worthy:

thanks for noticing though. Oh yeah, i'm not a big DCP'r, this is my 2nd post, probably my last b/c i'm not a big fan :worthy:

i <3 bushwackers, high brass 06' , high colorguard too! congratulations to my family! B)

congratulations to all the corps though and making it a competitive season! see ya in 2007.

I was there but I read through the pressbox thing this morning and I can't really add too much, except.....

OMG I WISH I LIVED CLOSER TO HAWTHORNE!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

There were a lot of great performances out there last night, kudos to all corps, but it was Cabs that really blew my face off. Power, fire, presence - they had it all. Frickin un-real!

I just mainly lurk around here after being subjected to some rather nasty, harsh and arrogant comments from someone on the left coast a while back, but I have wished I lived closer to Hawthorne for years. I still remember being in a restaurant after a show in Carlisle, PA and the Costellos were there. I saw a Cabs jacket and said how nice they were and Mrs. Costello (I'm 97.75% sure it was her), said something like "Well, join Hawthorne and you can have one". It might sound stupid, but I never forgot that moment for whatever reason. The thing was , at the time I did not know much about the Costellos nor what they looked like. I found out later. .....Rrrrump.....rrrump.....rrrump.........rrrrrrrrrrrrrrump rump............rump.......rump.

And to think some people go for picnic tables, singing, narration and amps........I will take the Cabs over anyone, anywhere. I won't even begin to express myself about Cabs Alumni...I'd need all night, LOL . Best wishes to all.

Greg

No Kay its... "THANK YOU VERY MUCH " with a slight Memphis twang

And another with an English accent watered down after 42 years living in Canada (what would that be - Engadian? Canglish?) Whatever - I was watching each of your bass drummers saying "I wanna be that guy!!!!"

--------------------

Basses are the heartbeat of the corps. Guns and Rose 05 - love you guys!

68 - 72 RCSCC Ajax - snare

76 Optimist Knights - snare (folded May)

77 - 80 temporary insanity

80 - 82 Niagara Regionaires - snare

83 - 87 Conqueror II - staff

87 - 01 busy being Dad!

02 - 03 Royalaires Alumni - snare

02 - 05 Dutch Boy - staff

06 - ?? Royalaires Alumni - staff & 3rd bass

SCV Borg Queen and Older Geezer

~ SCV Appreciation Society 1974 - forever

from myself and the rest of the cabs bassline that means soo much to us. what an emotional weekend it was...the crowd was amazing..our alumni is awesome!!! scores mean nothing when the emotion that you have is euphoric.