• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cakes ~ i won't be doing a full review.

i can tell you that the corps was wonderful last night and the Showmanship Award the guard won was very fitting IMO. :worthy: :worthy:

take care ~ miss you!!! :)

I'll add that I can now list on my resume that I have stood in the middle of a hurricane while trying to perform. This includes the tornado sirens that ran us off the field before playing the first note of the show in prelims. We (Alliance Drum and Bugle Corps from Atlanta, GA.) stood and watched the DVD last night at Finals and you cannot even see the corps for the rain. It basically turned into an audio DVD.

*sigh*

Edited by csugrad

My review: didn't get to see the show except from the field while performing.

The field was a lot dryer for finals, the crowd was bigger even for us going on first

And oh what a rush being in finals for the first time...

While I really enjoyed the Live from the Pressbox! threads last night, I too was hoping for some reviews.

It sounded ... well at least from the threads ... like a great finals, but it's hard to get a comparative feel for the shows without the reviews.

Oh please, pretty please :)

I was there but I read through the pressbox thing this morning and I can't really add too much, except.....

OMG I WISH I LIVED CLOSER TO HAWTHORNE!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

There were a lot of great performances out there last night, kudos to all corps, but it was Cabs that really blew my face off. Power, fire, presence - they had it all. Frickin un-real!

I was there but I read through the pressbox thing this morning and I can't really add too much, except.....

There were a lot of great performances out there last night, kudos to all corps, but it was Cabs that really blew my face off. Power, fire, presence - they had it all. Frickin un-real!

You never live TOO far from Hawthorne!!!! NO SUCH THING!!!

Thanks very much!

You and I both Pal :) I thought (as did everyone in the stands around me) that Hawthorne was on FIRE last night.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

HAHAHAH MIKE IS READING THIS THREAD! Hey DeFranco, did you here us yell your name? lol