thanks Music City Legend!

johnric

THank you! It was really a treat for us to get to perform for all of you again on Sunday. And Yes, that was Steve and Janie they are our honor guard. :)

Edited by bdjazz93

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was GREAT listening to you guys in the parking lot! I was fortunate to talk to a few of you later. Nashville has so long deserved/needed a corps -- too much talent in that town not to have one.

Look forward to seeing you next year.

Rick

Nashville native in NYC

(Hendersonville Class of '81)

Hey rick,,

Did you march back in the day?I graduate in 82 at hillwood,,if so then we shared the same field many times.

Remember a guy by the name of Lynn Hewitt?He was a trumpet player and a childhood friend of mine..he would have graduated Hendersonville class of 81.

BTW Hendersonville still has a excellent marching band.

Small world.

Hey rick,,

Did you march back in the day?I graduate in 82 at hillwood,,if so then we shared the same field many times.

Remember a guy by the name of Lynn Hewitt?He was a trumpet player and a childhood friend of mine..he would have graduated Hendersonville class of 81.

Small world.

We didn't have a Lynn Hewitt. Maybe he went to Beech (which opened my senior year). Our big accomplishment was making finals at COC for the first time (after we shrunk from 160 to 116). Y'all were enormous, if I recall.

I think we shared an MTSU camp with Hillwood a couple of years, but I can't be sure. Also, didn't your director judge MTSBOA trumpets a few times? Was it Rodney Webb? Later paired with Joanne Hood? Am I thinking of Hillsboro? What day is it? Why am I here?

I think the memory is going...

I better stop -- all this "off topic" stuff is liable to get me edited by the DCP-thought-mommies again!

we were lucky enough to get a personal performance from these guys in the parking lot....

You all friggin rock!!! I know you can lose some of the impact and intensity with a smaller corps on the field.... but up close and personal???? holy ####!!!! :unsure:

rock on my friends!

I can't tell you how much that means to me. The Bridgemen have been my drum corps idols since 1980. To play for you guys, and to get that response from you... is definitely a high point in my drum corps life!

After 1980 Finals, I wanted to run away and join the Bridgemen. Maybe I can still do that sometime in the next few years.

Thanks again!

We didn't have a Lynn Hewitt. Maybe he went to Beech (which opened my senior year). Our big accomplishment was making finals at COC for the first time (after we shrunk from 160 to 116). Y'all were enormous, if I recall.

I think we shared an MTSU camp with Hillwood a couple of years, but I can't be sure. Also, didn't your director judge MTSBOA trumpets a few times? Was it Rodney Webb? Later paired with Joanne Hood? Am I thinking of Hillsboro? What day is it? Why am I here?

I think the memory is going...

I better stop -- all this "off topic" stuff is liable to get me edited by the DCP-thought-mommies again!

Yes in 81 we were at MTSU and yes we were huge.We placed eight that year at COC>

The late Rodney Webb was at OVerton.Joanne Hood was at Hillwood in 81 after Bellevue closed its doors.She was only there one year and then went over to work with Rodney Webb at OVerton.She is still at OVerton doing well at COC.

I was in all state band and in all state Jazz in 81 and 82.I was the lead dog in the All state Jazz band in 82.

Send me a photo some time and maybe it will jog my memory.

See ya

edwardamason@yahoo.com

Just have to throw my kudos in the mix here as well. What a treat to get to stand in front of your arc in the lot. VERY powerful stuff, and an AWESOME contra beat was being laid down. You guys put out some SERIOUS volume... it was MUCH appreciated.

Although I have been following your corps from the early days (Juan Jimenez is one of my best friends, and I got to meet Brent Unger at DCA 2004) it was the first time that I actually got to hear/see you in person. Very, very nice!

QUOTE(Shenandoah Vibrato @ Aug 30 2006, 02:14 PM)

" Now you've done it! It's gonna rain for sure, I say the show must go on! Does anybody remember the Arnold flood? MCL had so much fun in the rain they did it twice!"

Ok Camel Lips! How did you pull it off this time! MCL did it twice again! They performed their show at the end of the Alumni Spectacular. Both your wet and dry shows are great! Thought you should have placed higher! :wink::wink:

Hey rick,,

Small world.

And Ed, I'll bring around to my less than 6 degrees of separation. I believe I marched with Rick who went to Hendersonville, who I believe had/has a band director Jeff Phillips who was graduate assistant at Western and played in Jazz band with me.

QUOTE(Shenandoah Vibrato @ Aug 30 2006, 02:14 PM)

" Now you've done it! It's gonna rain for sure, I say the show must go on! Does anybody remember the Arnold flood? MCL had so much fun in the rain they did it twice!"

Ok Camel Lips! How did you pull it off this time! MCL did it twice again! They performed their show at the end of the Alumni Spectacular. Both your wet and dry shows are great! Thought you should have placed higher! :wink::wink:

Somehow I knew I was going to get blamed for that. :P :P :P

Thanks for the kind words about placements.I can't speak for the MCL board or staff,but I can say that we are thrilled to have made member status with DCA.It was our goal from the beggining of the season and we were successful,,so there is no looking back at would have could have should haves with us.Now all I need to do is find out what the secret handshake is.

It was a great season for MCL.We broke a 80 our first year out in open class with only 68 members on the field and several holes.MCL could have cut folks to make the 65 cut off and gone class A but the decision was make early on that our numbers would dictate which class we would be in and that there would be NO ONE cut just to make class A. We beat some well established DCA corps with a rich history in DCA,,so I personally can't be happier!Hopefully next year we will field more horns and be in the mix at finals.Thats a goal I have personally set for MCL.

One word

FARFEGNUGEN!

Loved you guys at mini corps...Hope you make it back to the field for next year.

Edited by camel lips