Sylvester Sybilski retires...

The Cavaliers visual sucess during his tenure speaks for itself! Congratulations on what you've accomplished, and best of luck for whatever comes next.

Of course, if he follows the trend, he very well might end up at Bluecoats next year. :P

It'll be interesting to see who his replacement will be, but the Cavs have a reputation of promoting from within, so it shouldn't be a shocker.

There are many drum corps alumni, heck 9 years worth of Cavies alone, who have learned from Sly. I even had a momentary brush with greatness when I tried out for Bluecoats in '91 and he was there. I'm sure there are plenty of candidates who can step up and pick up where Sly left off.

STUPID QUESTION ALERT!!!! b**bs

Having not marched drum corps...I'm not sure what the visual caption head does. Does he help design the show......or just clean it?? :lol:

There are many drum corps alumni, heck 9 years worth of Cavies alone, who have learned from Sly. I even had a momentary brush with greatness when I tried out for Bluecoats in '91 and he was there. I'm sure there are plenty of candidates who can step up and pick up where Sly left off.

Here is your answer from the article

"Whenever asked, Sly has always stated that he had no plans to retire until the corps’ visual caption was ready. The Cavaliers plan to promote a member from their current visual staff to the position of caption head. "

Of course, if he follows the trend, he very well might end up at Bluecoats next year. :P

That definitely won't happen B)

STUPID QUESTION ALERT!!!! b**bs

Having not marched drum corps...I'm not sure what the visual caption head does. Does he help design the show......or just clean it?? :lol:

Vis Caption Heads are in charge of the technique program (assuming every corps does have a very specific technique) and stand on the scaffolding cleaning to show.