07 Phantom Rep Suggestions

As I just stated, in a previous thread, "Liturgical Dances" David Holsinger I believe. Perfect for them.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pink floyd.

just to change it up.... lol

DUH! Yes, I mean the orchestral version..... JEEEEEZE!!!

Edited by SCVsopAaron

I sincerely hope Phantom never falls into the trap of playing some of the trendy band literature that has been suggested in this thread. Nothing wrong with the music, but it is not Phantom.

To add something positive to the thread: Bruckner. Nuff Said.

Yeah, I think they'll stay orchestral. I'd like to point out that Scenes From the Louvre, though well known as a wind ensemble piece, sound much better when played in its original orchestral form.

I'd like to hear an all Rite of Spring show. I know they've done parts before but I think there's enough good stuff there for the entire 11 minutes. Of course, I'm not sure how much Rite would appeal to Joe Six Pack. On the other hand, they always seem to do a good job of "marketing" to the average fan. If anybody could pull this show off its definitely phantom.

There are a lot of good suggestions. Here are a couple of mine.

Sibelius - Finlandia (the opening and/or the slower section would be great)

Dvorak - some of his chamber work

OMG, my husband and I thought the very same thing (bolded) and actually sent an email to Pat saying we'd make a copy for him, he said he forwarded the suggestion on....

And there was this Dvorak violin piece I was listening to on the classical station the other day when it was Dvoark's birthday..and I thought of Phantom (I wish I could think of the name of it). :sshh:

I wish Phantom would do a contest like Cavaliers did of asking what the fans want...I'd so go for Sibelius..can't you just hear Phantom doing this? :wub:

pink floyd.

just to change it up.... lol

DUH! Yes, I mean the orchestral version..... JEEEEEZE!!!

b**bs What do you think they'll play "Mother" or something? :P