Revo 2005

I really enjoyed that '05 show - it was two years in the writing. :) (They had it ready to go in '04, but kept the same charts for '05.)

It was all James Newton Howard - Signs, Sixth Sense and... dangit - can't remember the other.

Mike

really? I thought 2004 was suppose to be Connotations II. I heard the MIDI from the 2004 show and I don't remember them being the same.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? I thought 2004 was suppose to be Connotations II. I heard the MIDI from the 2004 show and I don't remember them being the same.

Was supposed to be Explorations II (Expo 1 was Connotations), but that was indeed the music - I downloaded the midis back then, and was singing along at the Tx Drum Corps Preview in '05 when they played 'em. :)

Mike

Hello. Just want to clarify a few things:

-Yes, the show music was James Newton Howard from the movies Signs and Waterworld.

-The Connotations II show was created for the 2004 season but since Revolutoin did not field, the concept was "shelved".

-When Revolution came back out in 2005, the creative team decided to use the same music but modified the show concept to reflect a "rebirth" with the show entitled, "Revolution Returns: Expression of Emotions". Each movement reflected the years Revolution grew, overcame obstacles, and achieved success. There was a lot of internal symbolism amongst the drum corps members, staff, and alumni. Each song illustrated a wide range of moods and feelings through five movements; Contemplation, Trepidation, Confrontation, Resolution, and Hope.

-In 2006, the creative team decided to try something a little less "esoteric" and produced a show simply celebrating Bulgarian Folk and Dance music. The drum corps was voted Most Improved in Division III and received other accolades. It was a lot of fun for members and staff, alike.

Scores and placements aside, 2005 was a very good year for Revolution considering the return from an inactive season, having over 90% of the 75 members as rookies, an upgrade to new uniforms, and completing a successful and memorable tour from San Antonio to World Championships in Brockton, Mass. The members and staff were and still are very proud of what they accomplished when the odds were against them!

Hope that helps!

Musically,

-=GM=-

Edited by GMKuzma

The odds were coming off an inactive season. One thing GM didn't mention was that the entire staff was new as well.

The most likely reason that the corps did not make Saturday's show in 2005 was because the show everyone is talking about was not the show that the corps did ALL season. That show was rebuilt numerous times with changes coming all the way until the end. So maybe, if we would have had that show the whole time, we could have made Grand Finals...

Hope this helps as well!

Can you explain what "odds" were against you and your corps????

previously inactive, 90% of 75 members rookies, guard drill being re-written because of the members you said they lost.

odds were not with them.

~>conner

The odds were coming off an inactive season. One thing GM didn't mention was that the entire staff was new as well.

The most likely reason that the corps did not make Saturday's show in 2005 was because the show everyone is talking about was not the show that the corps did ALL season. That show was rebuilt numerous times with changes coming all the way until the end. So maybe, if we would have had that show the whole time, we could have made Grand Finals...

Hope this helps as well!

Having a new staff is always a challenge. If they made huge ovehaul changes with new kids, then yes, I can see those being great odds to overcome.

Thank you for your first hand information regarding this issue.

2005 was indeed a challenge for Revolution. But, almost everyone involved, from the members to the corps management to the instructional staff, worked extremely hard to produce a very difficult show at a very high level. I have spent 42 years in drum corps and this was the only year I was involved in a Div. III corps (I was a volunteer cook, driver, etc.). I was very impressed with the way GM, Jaime, and the instructors handled all of the adversity thrown at them during tour, as good, or better, than any of the Div. I's I have been involved with. They should be very proud of the corps they produced in 2005.

As usual you are giving an answer to something you were not involved in or with.

dude, did you even read the guys post? did you even pay attention to other posts?

I was telling you what has already been said.

Did Revolution burn your house down or something?

If all you're looking for is firsthand information, I suggest you go to the corps itself. This is the Drum Corps Planet message board... not the I MARCHED IN REVOLUTION 2004 message board.

~>conner