Why The Cavaliers Won

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start out by saying that the Cavaliers show was very well performed. If you really don't have a musical book to perform you should look great on the feild by far! You should have no mistakes what so ever. Now being a huge DCI surporter myself, I do think the nice visual packages that are being performed are great and they should continue to improve with new ideas. But, and that is a huge but, I also like playing. I do not think that the Cavaleirs should have one. How can you win high brass with only playing whole notes, I just don't understand? I think that DCI needs to get some new judges in that would not be afraid to place the corps that actually deserve to win in that position. Okay that's my beef. But, like I said before I think that Cavaliers show was good.

If you really don't have a musical book to perform you should look great on the feild by far! But, and that is a huge but, I also like playing. I do not think that the Cavaleirs should have one. How can you win high brass with only playing whole notes, I just don't understand?

Oh, yeah. Totally.

I hear you there. Nothing but whole notes. Annoys me, too.

They played nothing but whole notes?

I guess so but that means all the other corps visually marched at 50bpms while playnig those so called gazillon notes when the cavies did their 'whole note show'. I mean this whole thing is is getting ########; what do u people want the Cavies to play? And I mean specific songs or concepts that will satisfy you while keeping The Cavalier indenity intact. Go. to the website, jeff's looking for ideas...I really want to know also...sorry to rant but I'm so friggin sick of poeple saying The Cavaliers have a easier music book...

I love how people can be so critical of a group whose performance level is heads and tails beyond almost any other group that has ever existed. Is it so hard to accept that The Cavalers have just invented a new genre of drum corps and a new genre of show? Stop comparing it with what you had in your 'glory days' and take it for what it is.

Splooie