a crown member?

Kjac18

okay so i work at a high school teaching pit, the battery instructor is a guy that says he marched crown and well i've found abunch of flaws in the stuff he's been saying. I was wondering if he did march have any of you known or heard about him? his name is Josh Matthews? last year he told a friend of mine he marched tenors, then when i first started talking to him he said he marched bass and then this year he says now that he marched snare when he did?!!?! then he said something about staying in hotels? uhhhh doesn't corps just stay in schools and sleep on the gym floors? things are just not adding up to what he says and if he didn't march crown all i want is for him to not lie about it!

ahhhh yer gonna get posers all over the place.

Too bad (if this is the case with your fella here...) he can't just be impressive by teaching well. <**>

ahhhh yer gonna get posers all over the place.

Yep...ran into one at DCA who said he marched 84 BD....funny how his name did not ring a bell AND he didn't recognize me when we exchanged names....let's face it...no one forgets me (and they try!)

It took every ounce of self-control to NOT out the guy in front of his own corpsmates...it was only the fact that he didn;t say anything that put the corps ina bad light that made me keep quiet.

So....dude....if you're reading this....stop lying about where you didn;t march. it's pathetic.

There is a person who actually was the colorguard caption head of a Div 2 that said he marched Cavies.......I emailed the corps and they said he auditioned and was sent home the same weekend. NEVER MARCHED ANYWHERE.

I don't have a problem with folks that are trying to teach and never marched, but don't lie about it.

exactly what i'm saying! I mean also would somebody teaching a drumline that "marched" in DCI, really and truely know how to run a drumline i mean the snares are playing tradish and well the girl is having trouble big time! i mean he's gonna give her Carpel(sp) and then this is how he works with the drumline alright lets play throught! they play about 10 mins then he goes okay i have a headache stop playing so they sit for 45 mins doing nothing, okay so now i work my pit for an hour give them a 5 or 10 min break depending how good it sounded then we go back and work for an hour and i work with the kids when something sounds nasty. now i know somebody in corps would know to do that if they did infact march corps!

• 4 weeks later...

Thats a shame, I have met some liers that teach marching band. They say they marched but never have. You don't need to have marched to be a good teacher, it just helps IMO.

If you can sniff the guy out, he is probably lying. Tell the band director your suspicions. The guy should be confronted, because this type of lie is unhealthy, and if he used the lie to get on staff....well he basically lied to get a job. Let's filter out the weeds.

okay so i work at a high school teaching pit, the battery instructor is a guy that says he marched crown and well i've found abunch of flaws in the stuff he's been saying. I was wondering if he did march have any of you known or heard about him? his name is Josh Matthews? last year he told a friend of mine he marched tenors, then when i first started talking to him he said he marched bass and then this year he says now that he marched snare when he did?!!?! then he said something about staying in hotels? uhhhh doesn't corps just stay in schools and sleep on the gym floors? things are just not adding up to what he says and if he didn't march crown all i want is for him to not lie about it!

well if it was 05 or 06 he definately wasnt in the battery. Thats all i can help you with.

Last year, the guy who wrote our WD's show said he marched '00 and '02 cadets. He is a member of the visual staff of a top 12 Div I, and there was nothing in his staff bio about Cadets. It turns out that he marched a smaller Div I corps, and was even drum major. I never said anything about it, because our program he wrote for us was very well designed, and he taught it well. I didn't want to call him out on it and have the other people around me lose respect for what he had to say.

I just don't understand why he lied, even though he was a great instructor and great designer. I suppose it was so he would have a better chance of being hired.