Esperanza....

So yeah, I watched Esperanza's show this year so many times. I really thought they did their best to put a challenging show on the field. I'm not sure if they deserved that placement becasue I never say anyone else's show at quarters. What does everyone else think? Oh yeah, and I heard their folding..Any news on that?

I thought they had a very nice show. I think they probably placed about right, as the corps around them also had very nice shows this year. I have enjoyed them every year I have seen them, which has been since 2002.

I have heard they were fairly young this year, so if they can retain membership over the next few years, should be a positive experience. Hopefully all goes well for Esperanza in the future.

So yeah, I watched Esperanza's show this year so many times. I really thought they did their best to put a challenging show on the field. I'm not sure if they deserved that placement becasue I never say anyone else's show at quarters. What does everyone else think? Oh yeah, and I heard their folding..Any news on that?

I personally think that Esperanza needs to take a step back from pushing the level of the show they can perform, and concentrate on a good solid foundation. I really liked their show when I saw it in san diego, but visually I thought they were very weak. In the tradition of most southern california corps they were still filling up multiple spots in the horn line during the begining of the season. I'm glad the were able to fill the holes. I hope they kick some butt this upcoming year.

I concur with a few others - cool show - just needed more bodies on the field.

Percussion section was very good. Brass was young (and small), and guard was small. I think they were scored a few points too low - probably more like a 76-77 show. But a few of the others in the lower quarter were scored low as well - most notably, Pacific Crest and Southwind. I few I think were overscored as well.

Hope they are back strong and proud next season - I think Esperanza is a corps on the rise if they can address their size issues.