***Sunrisers Announce Open House***

sunbari1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh,

I'm gonna take it that you posted that after a long night at work. 'Cause that's the only excuse I can think of. I mean, was that even English?!

how will it better next so our prospective members can know

The whole point of #2 is that the rookies DON'T know what's going on...and of course, the staff.

Edited by bumo27

*slaps forehead*

Oye!

*slaps forehead*

Terri, they're not the same Sunrisers as when we were there. You have to think that some of the traditions have changed, or fallen away...they are more PC than we were too. We can help if they want it, but they probably don't. They've come up with a different identity and that's great for them. I'd just like to see them back in the elite where they belong, and if they continue to do what they're doing, they'll get there, no doubt.

Good luck Sun. Your alumni loves ya!

Actually guys, you'd be surprised at how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Well, while I agree it may not be exactly the same as you remember, I'll bet there are at least a few traditions that have managed to stay. (ie - #2 and the singing) Forgive my ignorance of all of Sun's traditions. I've only been here a year and I don't know all there is to know. (I'm contacting some alumni though and doing some "homework" though.) But there is a great bunch of young people in the corps these days who, believe it or not, are actually quite intrigued at how drum corps used to be, and more specifically, how THEIR drum corps used to be. I would venture to say that within the next year or two, you will see some neat things happenning between competing corps members and alumni. And something that will transcend time a little bit.

So anyways... just 35 days till the 2007 Sunrisers Open House!!!

"Be a part of something that's more than just a drum corps."

p.s. - Chris, you gotta change that avatar, dude. I have a pretty strong stomach, but whenever I see it, even I get a little queasy.