***Sunrisers Announce Open House***

sunbari1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, one thing you have to remember about the corps these days is that (and I hoped I'd never be able to say this) folks like Tom and myself have been marching as long as alot of the kids in the corps have been alive!

HA!!! Some of them were born the same year I joined Sun (1992)! Man, that makes me feel old. :(

Tell me about it, Tom! I started doing corps in 1991. And seeing as how I feel young next to you, you SHOULD feel old!

I gotta say, i know i am a well known, maybe not well respected, but definately well known amongst the ranks of the current sunriser generation, and i wish i knew of drum corps before 2000, so i could have started with this insanity earlier, and yes sayre, i was really tired and just tgryoing to keep this thread at the top.

HA!!! Some of them were born the same year I joined Sun (1992)! Man, that makes me feel old. :(

YOU feel old??????? :huh::huh: :sshh:

"You young kids..... always goin' to your beer gardens...."

Jimmy Calogianes, during the Sunriser Bus Ride From Hell to and from Midland, PA, 1980 (quite possibly the wackiest weekend I've ever experienced in drum corps)

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

LOL.... a couple of years ago, John Clougher, Ray Yenshaw and I were swapping some Sunriser "war stories" while sitting with a few members of the current Sunrisers corps in Scranton during the I&E mini-corps show.

We'd start each story with a disclaimer to the effect of "OK.... just because WE acted like this (like clowns, morons, drunks, crazy people, stumblebums, or some combination of all of those and more) doesn't mean we recommend that YOU do this, too!!!!"

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Terri, they're not the same Sunrisers as when we were there. You have to think that some of the traditions have changed, or fallen away...they are more PC than we were too.

Chris,

Than you can just imagine the difference since MY days.... :huh:

(and the changes we had made from the days before us)

We can help if they want it, but they probably don't. They've come up with a different identity and that's great for them. I'd just like to see them back in the elite where they belong, and if they continue to do what they're doing, they'll get there, no doubt.

Good luck Sun. Your alumni loves ya!

Ditto... :huh:

Tony B)