The Zone!

What was your most intense rehearsal moment? Like where your mind was in the zone the most?

I don't really have one since I don't march drill.

What was your most intense rehearsal moment? Like where your mind was in the zone the most?

I don't really have one since I don't march drill.

Best rehearsal I think I've had, and among the top as a collective corps, was in Louisiana in 2003. Most at The Cadets remember that year as the one we all worked the hardest. It was pooring rain and people were slipping and falling left and right. I just remember everyone having a great time and getting way more done in the poorest of conditions. I walked away from that rehearsal and talked with some of the members that had been there a while. Imediately, we all knew that was the best rehearsal we had ever been a part of. Just one of those moments where everyone gets the vibe.

The first horns up of the day would get me locked in...When the person next to you pops their horn like a beast, you can feel it. You're in the "zone" after that..Trust me. Maybe that's why my favorite exercise will forever be 8's & 8's....

One time, during a run-through near the end of the season, I told myself right before the second movement that I was going to have fun marching it even though it was very difficult and I always felt like I wanted to die at the end of it.

That was by far my best run of it.

But by and large, there's nothing better than a run-through that's on fire, and everybody on the field knows it.

It has to be this season on Finals Week right before we got into Madison, the rehearsal day we had in the RCA Dome in Indy, we were rocking all day. Bob Medworth left before our runthrough that night and came back the next day asking the corps "Someone told me you were a 93 last night, is that true?"

they hype was cool nights while on tour, when everyones just hyping anything that happens.

eFF yeah a fly landed on my horn, HYPE IT!!!!

or when we would mock phantom with a touch of magic, "Contras, just the ten of us, forward march!"

I guess that's when I felt most 'in the zone'.

Best rehearsal I think I've had, and among the top as a collective corps, was in Louisiana in 2003. Most at The Cadets remember that year as the one we all worked the hardest. It was pooring rain and people were slipping and falling left and right. I just remember everyone having a great time and getting way more done in the poorest of conditions. I walked away from that rehearsal and talked with some of the members that had been there a while. Imediately, we all knew that was the best rehearsal we had ever been a part of. Just one of those moments where everyone gets the vibe.

...i was there for that...

=]

taking down the scaffolding in the lightning storm that followed was just as intense!

l.always~jess.

Agreed Adrian! That was one of the best days ever, from rehearsing on that gasoline doused field with fire ants all over it and Sully coming down from the tower onto the field smoking, to that night of pouring rain with no lights, no yardlines, and mud. Everybody this year still agrees that the 03 corps was the hardest working corps we've had in years.

For me, I would get into "the zone" any time we would be running one chunk over and over.

Michael Terry

Cadets 2000-2007