The Titan Shows of DCI

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't grasp a reason for this but... I think it's very very important for Drum Corps fans to Watch 1987 Garfield Cadets' Appalachian Spring.

1973 SCV

1976 Blue Devils

1983 Garfield Cadets

1991 Star of Indiana

2002 Cavaliers

Shows that redefined how the game is played. Not to take anything away from the other fine shows that have been mentioned but these were jaw-droppers.

I'd agree with your call, but can't help thinking you need to add SCV 1980.

Any thoughts on SCV 73 or 74?

They certainly broke new ground but it's not talked about a lot these days.

Always getting lost in the shuffle...

SCV '73 is always lost in the shuffle because no one has ever seen it in it's entirety (video wise) and so can't comment on it now (except those who saw it live). We lost only one show that year to the Troopers by only one tenth of a point. A phenomenal season by any standard. And I also believe it a "Titan" show with Fanfare and Allegro, YPG to Drum Corps, Wedding Celebration and the (for the first time) Bottle Dance ending with Chava Ballet. It's such a shame that DCI didn't film anyone that whole season as there were so many other good shows that year too. I believe that things really started to change in the DC world the year of '73.