Rules Proposal 4

Real Regionals?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How do you vote?

• Yes
    • No
    • Abstain

No- corps should be free to compete wherever they wish.

Case in point- Cap Reg is nominally from Columbus OH, yet they started their season in South Carolina this year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that prove your point? You can start the season wherever you want... The only thing this would do is dictate the 1 show. :worthy:

How does that prove your point? You can start the season wherever you want... The only thing this would do is dictate the 1 show. :worthy:

I think his main point is... Corps should be able to choose where they wish. The past few seasons, there have been some split regionals, where half of the Division I were at one show, and the other half were at another--at least those corps have a choice as to where they will be. If the tour schedule a director crafts, leads them elsewhere, then let it be... I think dictating one show, is one show too many. Let the directors compete where they want to. Like a few have already said, then fun is when you go outside your region and see how you stack up against other competition.

You dictating one show, can throw off ones entire first or second half of their tour season--it doesn't sound like that could be the case, but looking at things, it can.

I'm not too worried about this proposal anymore, because it doesn't look like many people are for it--for obvious reasons.

I think if we had these "region" mandatory shows EARLY in the season, like right after week one, I would be for it. Most corps generally start their tour (first couple of shows in the region) then move on. I like having a variety, which is why I do my tour schedules as "national" after the first week and a half or so. Case in point, let the directors have full control over their corps tours.

What next? Execs get to choose one caption per DCP-I member corps too? :ph34r: :) :worthy:

In the event this prop. does pass, I will hold off on making my tour schedules until the voting is done.

What next? Execs get to choose one caption per DCP-I member corps too? :ph34r: :) :worthy:

Ohh, thats a good idea... wonder if I can get it on the next ballot. :worthy: :P

Ohh, thats a good idea... wonder if I can get it on the next ballot. :worthy: :P

^0^ I just an evil thought go thru my mind about something like that. :worthy:

Director choose a number between 1 and 25 (or less depedning how many corps there are to choose from) and that number will be connected to a corps (1 does not equal the first place corps) and that director MUST use the corps in one of thier captions....hehehehe....such evilness. ^0^

btw, I keed. I would never do anything like that....unless the directors wanted to try this one season.

Edited by sburstall

MAPS- Abstain

I can understand a "Regional Rivalry" but then again, to see how one really does compare with the rest of the nation is also cool. I'm impartial to this one.

This proposal did NOT pass. Final Vote: 6 Yes, 10 No, 5 Abstain.