Kingsmen - 2007 performance

So, 2007 Pasadena, the return of the Kingsmen (via alumni corps). For those of you planning to attend at least semi-finals, what are you expecting? A show similar to 2-7 94? Madison 2006? Your thoughts.

RM - The Kingsmen Are Here!

ampssuck

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What am I expecting from the Kingsmen ?

I would like to see Tom Float and Al Murray in the snare line along with at least twenty of their closest friends.

A horn line that will move the Rose Bowl to Sacremento.

A colour guard that will take no prisoners and show all current guards how much class "OLD SCHOOL" colour guards used to have. (A word to those that have never seen the Anaheim Kingsmen before, NEVER try to cut through their colour guard !!) You've been warned !!!

What does all that mean ?? I am expecting nothing short of one of the all time best ALUMNI corps performances EVER !!!

I wish I could be there for it !! b**bs b**bs

Edited by ODBC

"What Do I expect to see and hear???".....hhmmmmm NO BRAINER!

I expect to see a re-creation of the Anaheim Kingsmen!

(Some of the) Same people, same arrangements, same "killer" colorguard........that we ALL admired and cherished 30+ years ago..... THAT'S IT!

Don't let this get into a competitive BEST thing!.... P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beatles..or.. Rolling Stones,.... Elvis...or Johnny Cash.... They're ALL Great!!!....

The 92 Kilties had THEIR Night!

The 94 27th Lancers had THEIR Night!

The Royal-aires, Santa Clara Vanguard Alumni, Bridgemen and Madison Scouts Alumni have all had THEIR Nights!

Mark your calendars for next August when the Kingsmen will have THEIR Night! Enjoy it for what it is... All of us getting a chance to watch history re-created by a bunch of people proving to themselves that they can still Do It!

Don't get into this who's better crap!.... Enjoy All of these re-creations!...

Stop being a pack of "Tick" Heads!

Joe, Keith, Gary & Crew!... Make sure you let the entire Kingsmen army know that we're all dying for that moment in Pasadena as much as you! Keep up the Great Work!

What am I expecting from the Kingsmen ?

I would like to see Tom Float and Al Murray in the snare line along with at least twenty of their closest friends.

A horn line that will move the Rose Bowl to Sacremento.

A colour guard that will take no prisoners and show all current guards how much class "OLD SCHOOL" colour guards used to have. (A word to those that have never seen the Anaheim Kingsmen before, NEVER try to cut through their colour guard !!) You've been warned !!!

What does all that mean ?? I am expecting nothing short of one of the all time best ALUMNI corps performances EVER !!!

I wish I could be there for it !! b**bs b**bs

I'm with Rob here...

The Kingsmen have a great opportunity to do this so well. The MSARP project went by SOOOOOO fast, it was "a blink of an eye" looking back on it all.

There were many things the Scouts Alumni Project wanted to do but just couldn't due to cost restraints, stadium limitations, time restraints and logistical restraints.

What I wish I could see? Old style snare drums, not the new technology (only because of the sound, not the way they play, the new snare drums are far superior);

marching timpani for atleast "off the line"; knee high boots; french horns; it would be a kick to hear a quick passage played on some old "bugles" (rotor/valve?);

big giant flags with streamers on top as they spin 'em; straps on the rifles with nickles taped to the inside; gunshots signifying start and end of show; holding the

last note of the show for a whole minute or so; a drum solo filled with straight out rudimental chop out stuff... and the list goes on and on.

I am expecting to see a performance for the ages by people who still have a passion burning in them about what drum corps particpants do. It has always been a

difficult pill to swallow that turning 22 meant you had to suddenly stop and could then only go to a "senior corps." (I understand that misnomer may now change...)

Not such a bad thing, but when I aged out all the "good" senior corps were on the east coast. Now we see "All Age" corps who are really great, and the kids that

get churned out from today's drum and bugle corps are still smokin' hot players and dancer/spinners well into their 30's and way beyond.

The Kingsmen will be quite awesome, I'm sure. There were a BUNCH of them in Madison this year, and we could see them as we did our performance watching

carefully. I think they will be overwhelmingly awesome...

...Enjoy it for what it is... All of us getting a chance to watch history re-created by a bunch of people proving to themselves that they can still Do It!

Don't get into this who's better crap!.... Enjoy All of these re-creations!...

AMEN!!! well said... :worthy::wub::rolleyes:

It's for the fun and nostalgia, not to prove any points or be "better than" ...

::high five:: tgk2779 ^OO^

it's a re enactment right?

Non Aluni doing the 1974 show??

Looks like the POST above mine gave the answer...

Would be a cool tradition do let kids of today re do a show from the past....

I would do this too......

Edited by Cop

it's a re enactment right?

Non Aluni doing the 1974 show??

Looks like the POST above mine gave the answer...

Would be a cool tradition do let kids of today re do a show from the past....

I would do this too......

well I wouldn't EXACTLY call in a "reenactment" either, but I know what you're saying.

I agree about the "tradition" idea... let some corps alumni who still have it in them have a go at it every year I say...

Blue Devil alumni...Phantom alumni... are you listening?? Wouldn't it be FUN?? (yes it would...)

a little OT, but since 2008 is the Cavaliers anniversary, it would be awesome to see an alumni corps from them too!

Don't let this get into a competitive BEST thing!.... P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beatles..or.. Rolling Stones,.... Elvis...or Johnny Cash.... They're ALL Great!!!....

Hey tgk2779, I hope you didn't think that I was suggesting that this was any kind of competition between these great ALUMNI CORPS.

I am too much of a "DIE HARD" old schooler to wish that this would turn into a competition. All of the corps that have had their night at semi's, have made a lot of people go back in time and think they were at a finals seeing these corps do their finals performance.

I just wish I could be there when the Kingsmen blow that Rose Bowl away !!!! :(