Capital Regiment Inactive for 2007

That's why I said he represents them poorly.

It's just about being polite.

He was discussing something on a forum..he might have been overly pragmatic in his statement, but I don't think that was bad. I will admit myself that when I heard the news I was saddend (but not surprised). Not long after, I thought how this could effect other corps numbers and where the CR members will go to march.

The loss of CR is sad, but life does goes on. Kids will find other places to march. He was simply speculating where.

I honestly don't think he meant any offense to any CR alums or members.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i was talking to one of the members after san antonio and they said things were pretty rough. hopefully they can get it back together to make it more enjoyable again.

i was there too much to go into, causes too many problems. It was bad; enough said.

Edited by Cap Reg Mello

There were a great many administorial problems this summer. Some were avoidable and others were bad luck.

here is a short list.

1) There were a few times that our food truck had no driver and we ended up eating McDonalds

2) There was that one time in pittsburg KS, that we had health problems (heat related) due to inadequite food and length of rehearsal in extreme heat

3) Traveling was almost awful, two stories

a. it took us 12 hrs. to make a trip to Madison, WI from Michigan City, IN

b. instead of the 4 hrs of rehearsal time we were supposed to get one time, traveling problems caused no rehearsal time and we didn't get an adequite warm up before the Boston show because the horns showed up pretty late. However we still fielded the show and it was pretty good that day.

It was just a bad year and the year off will be good for the corps to recoup and get better

Edited by Mark Walton

There were a great many administorial problems this summer. Some were avoidable and others were bad luck.

here is a short list.

1) There were a few times that our food truck had no driver and we ended up eating McDonalds

2) There was that one time in pittsburg KS, that we had health problems (heat related) due to inadequite food and length of rehearsal in extreme heat

3) Traveling was almost awful, two stories

a. it took us 12 hrs. to make a trip to Madison, WI from Michigan City, IN

b. instead of the 4 hrs of rehearsal time we were supposed to get one time, traveling problems caused no rehearsal time and we didn't get an adequite warm up before the Boston show because the horns showed up pretty late. However we still fielded the show and it was pretty good that day.

It was just a bad year and the year off will be good for the corps to recoup and get better

I'm so sorry to read that these kinds of things are still going on..similiar things happened to us over 20 years ago! I'm so sorry y'all had to endure this in light of how much it costs too march these days! Unreal!

Just a question for anyone who knows.....when does DCI get involved in situations like this?

This is our first & probably last post on DCP.

We were a rookie family with Capital Regiment this past summer.

For anyone who knows of someone who wants to march drum corp in the future ... we suggest you consider your options very carefully.

There are some absolutely wonderful Division 1, 2 & 3 corps out there who are doing a great job in regards to having an effective management TEAM approach, tons of supportive ALUMNI, a good FINANCIAL base, timely & honest COMMUNICATION skills, and a high percentage of EXPERIENCED returning members & staff . They set a great example to those interested in learning from their successes.

But beware, there are also a few Division 1, 2 & 3 corps out there who are seriously lacking in some or all of the above areas. This can and will affect the members involved.

DCI as an organization took notice of concerns brought to their attention, and worked behind the scenes to improve the situation both mid-season and post-season. We are confident in DCI's interest and ability to monitor the health of the corps that represent them and offer support and advice to those interested in listening to their collective wisdom.

As parents, our advice to future corp members and parents is to check out what's happening both on and off the field at any given corp with due diligence each and every year. Things can change within any corp from year to year ... for the better ... or for the worse. Ask questions. Seek answers. Get involved. Be supportive. Expect accountability. Volunteer. Choose wisely.

Thank you RudyFlyer for your positive note on another DCP post:

"The kids of CR deserve HUGE RESPECT for performing so well in 2006. Their show was fun, accessible, well performed, and high energy. Given all the problems that were happening off the field, one would never know it from how they performed on the field. I know many people were completely shocked by some of the stories they heard after the summer ended - this is a testament to the determination, courage, and dedication of CR 2006."

We couldn't be prouder of the 135 members & amazing support staff for their perseverance through this past summer. We hope you know what a special group of young people you are ! Continue to nurture your passion for this activity by pursuing your dreams through another deserving corp in 2007. You will be a gift to any organization who embraces your determination and courage in the face of adversity.

Work. Rest. Play..... Balance. Some of the biggest life lessons this season were learned off the field.

If the lessons inevitably bring positive change to individuals, and to the corp, then it will be remembered as a tough but important year of growth and maturity in the history of Capital Regiment.

If the lessons are forgotten or ignored, then it was all for nothing.

I marched with CR for two years. While we may not have gotten the experience we deserved, and while it may have caused me a lot of worry and heartache, I would not trade those two years for anything in the world. I don't know if '06 people would feel the same way, as their summer was kind of a "magnified" CR experience..... but I still call my friends almost every day, and a lot of what we talk about are funny memories.

It's not that things don't need to change, and it's not that I don't have painful memories. I'm not trying to justify Rick's behavior.

There's just a lot of bad PR right now, and I wanted to let everyone know that it's not always gloom and doom.