Capital Regiment Inactive for 2007

You can learn a lot only if you UNDERSTAND what you are reviewing...which I don't think you do.

Most of the 4 million in income was indeed from Bingo and it does get reported as donations. You also need to

look the the expenses (liabilities) and see that MOST of that Bingo money goes right back out as prize money...which is

required by state law.

CR was NOT one of the richest corps.

Well we all know ricks credability, but thats not what we were always told. He always said that we were one of the most well off corps out there. But as i said, that was him telling us that.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm....where did it go? i don't really know, but i can take a good guess...how 'bout you?

and capital is only going to come back div. 1 if they get 135 rookies who get brainwashed into thinking it's all better. and um...you know...that word i'm looking for...can't....quite remember...one of those things you need....run a drum corps...

A STAFF!!!

who would work there now? who?

"...and on to journey's end..."

for the sake of other's who still have a passion, who live 3 months a year, who revel in the fact they are going to get worked all summer, who are willing to give blood, sweat and tears 23 hours and 49 minutes a day for 11 minutes of sheer exhiliration and power, who who get joy from the thrill of a performance from a semi-crowded, 40 year old high school football stadium in b.f.e. oklahoma to a roaring stadium full of drum corps fanatics, who are willing to push through pain, make sacrifices, who pull friends into family, who still have the untangible in them that makes drum corps what it is...i can only hope you do it somewhere besides capital regiment. after three years of being beat down, cursed at, lied to and having the great misfortune of meeting some of the most unethical, rude and flat-out stupid people-i have nothing left...no desire, no drive, no passion, no pride in what i've done. three years of it, and the best thing that ever happened is the corps i marched in went inactive for a year. what was i supposed feel? i should've felt sad, remorseful, disheartened but i didn't. all i felt when i heard the news was the emptiness that i left dci and capital regiment with, wondering what it was like to tell people where you marched and not getting a "oh, i'm sorry" from anyone (everyone) who asked. wondering what is would be like to have pride in what i've accomplished. to see all of my (and everyone else's) efforts go to better something...

instead, here it is. struggling to maintain it's own existence.

trey you are my hero...sometimes...how was brian reagan?

i marched there for 2 years 05 and 06.........and i just want to say i have a wonderful wonderful time.......i made a lot of friends and i learned alot about growing up and becoming independent...........so ok we had a few issues.......but that never ever stopped me from have the best 2 summers of my life.......i'v pushed the problems we had aside and still have a really good summer.........i loved the show that we marched and i'll never forget it...... i made a lot of new friends as well as getting to know some old friends alittle better........this summer to me was not as bad as alot of people are playing it out to have been.........i would gladly go back in 08......(though i'm trying out for crown this year)..........thats the place were i started and i want to finish it there as well....................

"viva la revolution pin!!!" ^_^ yeah scuffolding crew!!!....(that was another joy to my summer being on that hahahaha)

Edited by CR0506

I don't think they would- that only applies to corps who are gone for more than 1 year.

The old rules about going to Div. II and such are not applicable any longer, since a BoD committee rather than the corps itself decides who gets into Div. I. Getting into open class requires passing the committee's recommendation now, so all the old rules are pretty much out the window.

i marched there for 2 years 05 and 06.........and i just want to say i have a wonderful wonderful time.......i made a lot of friends and i learned alot about growing up and becoming independent...........so ok we had a few issues.......but that never ever stopped me from have the best 2 summers of my life.......i'v pushed the problems we had aside and still have a really good summer.........i loved the show that we marched and i'll never forget it...... i made a lot of new friends as well as getting to know some old friends alittle better........this summer to me was not as bad as alot of people are playing it out to have been.........i would gladly go back in 08......(depending if i make crown and if i like it there)..........thats the place were i started and i want to finish it there as well....................

"viva la revolution pin!!!" ^_^ yeah scuffolding crew!!!....(that was another joy to my summer being on that hahahaha)

Now that's what I call a stellar attitiude and someone that "get's it"!

Thanks for a couple of great shows with Capital regiment. I have really enjoyed the shows you guys put out the past few years. Here's hoping to see the corps back strong (and members with great attitudes like yours) in 2008!

Now that's what I call a stellar attitiude and someone that "get's it"!

Thanks for a couple of great shows with Capital regiment. I have really enjoyed the shows you guys put out the past few years. Here's hoping to see the corps back strong (and members with great attitudes like yours) in 2008!

DITTO !!

We were just listening to the '06 Capital Regiment show yesterday and it still gives us Goosebumps !

Best wishes to everyone affiliated with Capital Regiment as you take all the good with you into the future . . . wherever that will be.

Thank you again for the fun, energetic, enjoyable show you gave us all in 2006 !!

We are so proud of you... and all those who went before you !!

i marched there for 2 years 05 and 06.........and i just want to say i have a wonderful wonderful time.......i made a lot of friends and i learned alot about growing up and becoming independent...........so ok we had a few issues.......but that never ever stopped me from have the best 2 summers of my life.......i'v pushed the problems we had aside and still have a really good summer.........i loved the show that we marched and i'll never forget it...... i made a lot of new friends as well as getting to know some old friends alittle better........this summer to me was not as bad as alot of people are playing it out to have been........

As I have said before, my daughter also had an overall good summer and would likely share your thoughts including your thought about "this summer to me was not as bad as alot of people are playing it out to have been..." But all members should note that there is much they don't see because they are busy doing their thing, it doesn't effect them, others step in, or just simply because something luckily doesn't blow up as it could easily have.

A fix is indeed in order.

Edited by btracht

As I have said before, my daughter also had an overall good summer and would likely share your thoughts including your thought about "this summer to me was not as bad as alot of people are playing it out to have been..." But all members should note that there is much they don't see because they are busy doing their thing, it doesn't effect them, others step in, or just simply because something luckily doesn't blow up as it could easily have.

A fix is indeed in order.

You know what? I'm glad he's not giving it a rest.

I commend Bryan Tracht for taking an extremely professional stance in his descriptions of his involvements with the drum corps, not only in an administrative and operational sense, but also as a concerned parent of his daughter.

So from this proud alumnus, thank you Bryan, and thank you for everything you've done, not only in 2003 when I was a member, but thereafter.