Capital Regiment Inactive for 2007

Bad news for Cap Regiment....

GREAT NEWS FOR BLUECOATS AND GLASSMEN :)

Dude...being an member and an age-out of the 2006 season I can honestly say not cool. You can root for your team all you want, but for the love of God man, have some couth when talking about other corps.

in reference to what brian tracht is saying, everyone please stop saying Rick Bays AND the BOD. Rick Bays IS the BOD. When you say the former, it makes it sound like there is somewhat of an organization there.....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really surprise me from all I've heard. I just feel badly for the kids who were planning on marching with the corps this year, especially the ones nearing age-out. I hope they find a new home and wish them all the best.

It seems to me, and I might be incorrect, but these "regrouping" years that corps seem to be taking advantage of are becoming more common. Look at the recent past:

The Magic took 2000 & 2001 off and made strong return in 2002 (too bad they couldn't maintain though...what is their status for 2007?????)

Troopers took a year off, looking to make a strong comeback in 2007

Kiwanis too a year off, also looking to make a strong comeback, with a new home city, in 2007

Now Capital Regiment doing the same.

Am I missing anyone?

This trend has been around for a while in WGI. IW guards seem to come and go faster and more frequently than drum corps do (corps are usually bigger organizations and serve more people...). Other groups like Pride have taken years off to "regroup" and have come back strong the next year.

Is this something we will be seeing more of in the years to come, for corps that burn through their resources or experience significant management/staff turnover or turbulence? Is it a smarter idea to take a year or two off to regroup and come back (hopefully) stronger than to "tough it out" through the lean years and hope conditions improve?

I definately think so.

M

Freelancers did it back in the 80s...so did bayonne.

unfortunately it happens, tho in Troops case, they wouldnt have been allowed on the tour.

here is hoping that CR comes back with the issues we all saw here fixed and a thing of the past

Wow, I can honestly say I didn't see this one coming...

We regain Troop and the Kiwi's but lose CapReg.

Will we ever get a year where everyone is back up and running. It would be great to have everybody there for Finals Week.

<**> <**> <**> the news of the corps going inactive has made today not so enjoyable for a lot of members who enjoyed the time spent with Capital and the friends and memories made with the corps. This comment was very uncalled for.

:worthy:

Are. You. KIDDING. Me.

EDIT: This is a COMPLETELY absurd comment, but with better wording, it could be more acceptable. Think things through before you post. As a CR alumn and a current Bluecoats member, that on REALLY stung. This situation shouldn't be considered "GREAT" for anyone because it's a ####ty situation alltogether.

Just THINK.

Edited by corps_forever07

you've got to be kidding me. bad form dude. <**>