Old Sopranos

jwalker17

Hey,

I am looking for an old one valve, one rotar soprano. I would love to own one and see if my dad still knows how to use it (he did in 1976 with the Kingsmen). Thank you in advance.

Yours,

John Walker

Oh wow. I have been searching for one of these for months. Alas if I only had an Ebay account. Maybe I can convince my parents before the 8th...I doubt it but we'll see. Thank you very much.

Yours,

John Walker

Trumpet

You would probably want an Olds Ultratone. They were the standard bugle and dominated the activity after they were introduced in 1968. There were many valve rotary bugles and the Olds stands well above them all, IMHO.

Yes, you want an Olds Ultratone. That's what your dad would have played in the Kingsmen.

I have an Olds Ultratone valve/rotor soprano bugle that I'd be willing to sell. I can take pictures of it and email them to you or send you links if you want. Email me at gty_99@yahoo.com if you're interested.

Hey,

I am looking for an old one valve, one rotar soprano. I would love to own one and see if my dad still knows how to use it (he did in 1976 with the Kingsmen). Thank you in advance.

Yours,

John Walker

Hey, John...are you still in California, and do you and your dad know the KINGSMEN are presently marching an Alumni corps? You two sure are welcome. Western HS in Buena Park Tuesday evenings at 7...horn rehearsals. There are lots of single piston rotary sopranos being used...I use one myself.

Check us out.

http://www.xkingsmen.com/

Edited by parrotpaul

Hey John Walker, Have your Dad call me, if he marched Kingsmen in the 70's he'll want to talk to me 949-400-6577. The Olds Pisotn rotor was indeed sold beginning in 1968. Make sure he gets the Ultratone and not the Duratone. Kingsmen only marched Ultratone, the Duratone was more of an east coast horn with a satin nickle finish on the exterior of the horn. The interior of the bell would still have been chrome like the Ultratone. The case was Black with a white trim and the interior was a beautiful blue crushed velvet. The smell would have traces of Valve Oil and spit valves.

John, Tell your father that the Kingsmen are back on the field and we'll be performing at DCI next year with you. You could both march the same show together. If he doesn't call?

John: I PM'd you....the Kingsmen alumni really would love to reconnect with your Dad....

and, if you visit our website (xkingsmen.com), you and he should be able to listen to some Kingsmen audio files to get an idea of what your Dad did...once upon a time.....when men were Men....

Edited by GuyW

I used a kingsmen 2 valve King baritone last year... Awesome horn..