Cavaliers: on the field

They did it for every single show, except for the victory run at finals. They had a couple different versions before the Atlanta show that included the large block. Then starting with Atlanta they had a long line that went across the field where the members broke off individually to go to their spot on the field. That's what they used thru finals week.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something completely different was done during the end of the season (there's no way you saw a block marching on the field during finals week . . . but aspects of the robotic movements stayed the same . . .). From my understanding, the visual staff didn't really like the first way, so that's when it became whatever it ended up being (it's hard to describe).

Edited by jake_the_hydra

The way it was done in Toledo is the way it was done when I saw them in Lisle & Michigan City. When I saw them again in Atlanta it was gone, which was also when the new ending was added. Possible time issue?? :blink:

I'm pretty sure I saw them do that at Finals, but I could be terribly wrong.

You forgot to mention that it was WAY too much of a gimmick for your tastes. B)

:spit:

:music::music: :lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit:

• 1 month later...

Please keep in mind the following guideline:

"The posting of copyrighted material is prohibited. Also prohibited is the request of or linking to illegally obtained copyrighted materials or illegally distributed copyrighted materials (such as mp3's). Any posts containing this material will be edited or deleted."

Any video that is not release from DCI or a particular corps itself is considered an illegal video.

Also please review our media linking policy from John himself....

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...showtopic=82276

questions or comments are welcome via PM.

I didn't see what was posted, but given the nature of the thread, I assume that it was a video of the Cavaliers coming onto the field.

If so, how is that illegal? How would that be any different than vids of tuning sequences, or drumline warmups?

Or how about the link to the Madison Scouts alumni project video that was on here a while back? That had actual copyrighted music on it.

Nah, at that point in the show (the beginning) I thought they were going to do something different for the rest of the show so it didn't really bother me. But, yeah, the rest of the show... not so much.

Edit: Thanks for the blatant insult/mocking of my opinion. I'll be sure to ridicule anything and everything you post in the future.

Edited by TSRTS13

I didn't see what was posted, but given the nature of the thread, I assume that it was a video of the Cavaliers coming onto the field.

If so, how is that illegal? How would that be any different than vids of tuning sequences, or drumline warmups?

Or how about the link to the Madison Scouts alumni project video that was on here a while back? That had actual copyrighted music on it.

well, I said people could pm me with questions....but, so much for that.

this video was a video of the entire show. not just their entry.

that said, and if you read the media policy from John, any video not from dci.org or a corps itself is considered to have copyright protection by said organization. Therefore, they are not permitted on dcp.