Syracuse Brigadiers - 2007 Show Announcement

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww thanks Scott - it totally means a lot to me!!!

Young age?? LOL

You are "the Brigs," Trish. You sound like you've retired, and at such a young age! Get back in the game!...Come on back.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

I also agree with the earlier poster about your traditional roots in drumcorps....A backfield/moving warm-up to something like "Shangrila" would most certainly have the crowd on their feet even before the opening OTL number....If memory serves me correctly, your return to the competition arena after your inactivity, had something very simular to that song for your opening statement....

Just my $.02 worth

John G

I also agree with the earlier poster about your traditional roots in drumcorps....A backfield/moving warm-up to something like "Shangrila" would most certainly have the crowd on their feet even before the opening OTL number....If memory serves me correctly, your return to the competition arena after your inactivity, had something very simular to that song for your opening statement....

Just my $.02 worth

John G

We did do a moving warmup in 1993 -- it was Shangri-La. It was arranged by Mr. Cooley. I thought it was a great arrangement. It was my first year so I don't know whether we did it the year before.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Meghan!! You're comin back?!!!!! Ooooohweee the mello line!!!!

Dont forget the lunge!!!

I'm so excited. Let's practice right now. I'll meet you guys at the middle school in 20 minutes?

Dont forget the lunge!!!

There was a lunge?

Dont forget the lunge!!!

You'll need great players in the Mellophone line with the :blink: parts Wayne wrote for you in "Spanish Fantasy!" Break out the recordings and you'll see. And, look out, he's tinkering with it according to the Show Announcement.

Some day I'll be good enough to play a Mellophone! :blink:

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-