Disappoited with Bluecoats

The fact still remains: he killed two people. That was his only role in the movie, to be the guy who really killed two people. So what does this say about you, Elmo? Hmmm?

Well, if it means anything to you, I know Mr. Blatch personally and I happen to know that he's not a murderer! :blink:

To everyone else: I'm sure the Bluecoats will be just fine! :huh:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if it means anything to you, I know Mr. Blatch personally and I happen to know that he's not a murderer! :blink:

Ah, but how can you know for sure? Next time you catch him looking at you, make sure he's not trying to determine if you'd look better as a lampshade or a throw rug. :P

Ah, but how can you know for sure? Next time you catch him looking at you, make sure he's not trying to determine if you'd look better as a lampshade or a throw rug. :P

:lolhit: :lolhit: :lolhit: Hey, at least my legacy would live on!

Keep in mind that Mitch has contributed more to the Bluecoats in the last 4 seasons than simply drill design.

It really seems to me that too many people are freaking out about the "almost sixth place" thing. The only time that the Bluecoats were ever in 5th was after semifinals, and that was by .05; only .125 out of 4th that night. Other than that, there weren't really any other shows where SCV posed a serious threat whatsoever to the corps. I'm simply just mentioning this because it seems like people reference this whole gigantic "late season plateau" thing constantly, and it didn't really exist at all. The Cadets finding themselves in 4th after quarters, was the first time they had been there since Indianapolis in early July (thanks, bknights.org). Just saying...

I wouldn't mind seeing some more impactful drill either, but the velocity is there (watch whenever multi-cam is being used, especially the past 3 years) and the design is solid; surely a vast improvement from anything that had been going on visually within the organization before. Considering the corps is finally establishing consistancy (staff-wise, especially in the visual caption head spot) and an identity visually, it's not really an issue to condemn the corps for. I personally feel like difficulty should be increased more so musically than visually, but that's a different discussion for a different thread.

This is another thread i can't believe has made it this long... 6 pages. I mean, granted two of them have been about Elmo and

Andy Dufresne... :P ... but the whole thing with callin' out a guy by name here (mitch) and calling for his dismissal (for all intent and

purpose it would seem, anyway) is kinda ... I dunno ... kinda lame. That seems unfair to Mitch, and while I understand it has never been

represented as anything other than an opinion shared, it just seems to me that his 2006 drill wasn't his max potential. It alsmost reads as if

the OP thinks this talented drill designer and instructor has reached his peak and should now move on to ...what... selling cars or something?

As I said in my initial response... "oh, come on..." :rolleyes:

The guy obviously works hard at what he does, and is doing something right given Bloo's continued climb into the elite.

I think he's probably just hitting his stride...and has another amazing level inside his head he can get to. Creativity, experience, inspiration

and learning doesn't just suddenly shut off like a light switch one day.