Magic's 2007 Info Meeting

I know you can do this at the Citrus Bowl and also the downtown performance facility (can't remember the name right now). Also the Magic basketball team posted something on the Internet awhile back about people to perform pregame and during half time.

Get the drumline there (like every other NBA team) and you won't even have to rebrand them. It's perfect!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booths at the Citrus Bowl can be operated with as few as five people and iare overstaffed with anything more than 10. Are you seriously telling me Magic can't get 5-10 people to the Orlando area for a few hours once a week(and only once a month or so once UCF football season ends)?

If so, that's not a non-local membership problem, it's a pure apathy problem.

I agree. I think there are 11 or so alumni within about 15 minutes of each other. I would think some of them would help out.

Booths at the Citrus Bowl can be operated with as few as five people and iare overstaffed with anything more than 10. Are you seriously telling me Magic can't get 5-10 people to the Orlando area for a few hours once a week(and only once a month or so once UCF football season ends)?

If so, that's not a non-local membership problem, it's a pure apathy problem.

All I'm going to say is that we went two week's on tour with one cook. I love that woman. I'm sure I could pull a few strings.

Edited by MAGICisUNDERRATED

Get the drumline there (like every other NBA team) and you won't even have to rebrand them. It's perfect!

Heh... The Drumline... I can't think of really one of them that was from Florida.

Edited by MAGICisUNDERRATED

Maybe it's time that changed, then. Not simply for the sake of being local, but how many more opportunities could the corps pursue if it had local membership? How many junior corps hamstring themselves on off-season opportunities by not having a strong local base?

i agree...with all we hear about the great bands in Florida....how about recruting them?

getting tables out to shows in Florida?

that method helped keep an all age corps alive for 15 years

I've read 6 pages of the current 25...I've found virtually no news. I'm barring this thread from my own personal reading. I'll find out Magic news some other way.

Maybe it's time that changed, then. Not simply for the sake of being local, but how many more opportunities could the corps pursue if it had local membership? How many junior corps hamstring themselves on off-season opportunities by not having a strong local base?

Well, having a local membership doesn't mean the best talent. I remember it was either 04 or 05, a majority of the Hornline was from south florida and they held a music rehearsal at Miami Springs HS. Even with Florida's great band program's, not many people march DCI (that I've met) and if they do march, it typically is not the case. in 02, and 03 I hear they had a much more local membership. I know that in 06 we had a member from Germany and Japan.

Obviously there are incredible benefit's to having a local membership, but please show me a corps with mostly local member's. Being the only Div I Corps in Florida has it's benefit's, it also means in many case, we travel further (like we will back from Pasadena). It would be a lot easier to move out of state. If we did, we could have move in's at Indiana University for free, and stay in dorms. BUT when most people think Magic, of Orlando is not far behind.

crossmen had a majority of local area members (3-4 hours)

bad programming hurt them, not the talent