Mini Corps

The biggest problem I had with the venue was the selling of beer inside the venue where if people weren't interested in the Corps that was on tend to talk it up, I have absolutely nothing against partaking in beverages, but for someone like myself (Drum Corps hearing impaired) it was difficult to hear the Corps on stage with all the talking in the background. With all those people in closed quarters it does get loud even though your not trying to be loud. Maybe if they sold the beer outside the doors and you weren't interested ina particular Corps you just hang out there until the Corps was finished, just a thought..

I completley beleive this, when I was down in the audience, I was close to the front and it was rough trying to listen to some of the other groups that were on the stage. I do also agree that selling of all of that stuff is fine, but take it to another room or outside the door. It is only right to give all of the corps the same courtesy when they perform, whether you like them or not it is just good way to act.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem I had with the venue was the selling of beer inside the venue where if people weren't interested in the Corps that was on tend to talk it up, I have absolutely nothing against partaking in beverages, but for someone like myself (Drum Corps hearing impaired) it was difficult to hear the Corps on stage with all the talking in the background. With all those people in closed quarters it does get loud even though your not trying to be loud. Maybe if they sold the beer outside the doors and you weren't interested ina particular Corps you just hang out there until the Corps was finished, just a thought..

..."WELCOME TO THE MINICORPS' VENUE"......Like it or not...this is what it's all about....I guess you just have to learn to deal with it as it is. It's all about fun....letting your proverbial hair down ......and ENJOY B)

The Mini corps venue has always been a lot more relaxed atomosphere than semi finals and finals.Looking back at the 04 mini corps tape I have,,the crowd is very jovial and there are lots of people seen and heard that are clearly intoxicated.You could harley make out some of the soft passages of the music because of it.

No worries though.The crowd had a good time and thats whats its really all about.

New T-shirt concept

Keep beer in drum corps. :doh:

..."WELCOME TO THE MINICORPS' VENUE"......Like it or not...this is what it's all about....I guess you just have to learn to deal with it as it is. It's all about fun....letting your proverbial hair down ......and ENJOY B)

AMEN!!!!

I just hope that all this peeing and moaning doesn't end up ruining / voiding this awesome free, funfilled * bonus * kickoff to a great DCA weekend! That's what really scares me. (just my 2 cents)

AMEN!!!!

I just hope that all this peeing and moaning doesn't end up ruining / voiding this awesome free, funfilled * bonus * kickoff to a great DCA weekend! That's what really scares me. (just my 2 cents)

It's all good Nanci. Some of us like to "stir up the pot." I've been known to do that on occasion. In fact, I'm comin' up on 3 years of "pot stirring." This is almost as much fun as wailing on stage and/or field. Believe me when I say, that, I am one of the nicest guys I know. Win, lose or draw, I'm coming back next year..........I just wanna play!

yours truly,

Nick.................remember me?

Edited by SoloSop420

Never mind that stuff! Check it out!!

The Inaugural MCA Invitational Competition will be held Saturday afternoon, April 14th, 2007 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Mini Corps Associates (MCA), in conjunction with Five Star Brass will sponsor the first ever MCA competition at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Harrisburg on the afternoon of the Serenade in Brass. We will be posting the mini corps lineup, show format, etc. soon.

So, SAVE THE DATE!

If you are coming to Serenade In Brass Saturday evening, plan on attending this historic competitive event (just up the street from the Forum) on Saturday afternoon. You will not be disappointed!

Strutta

MCA PR

Never mind that stuff! Check it out!!

The Inaugural MCA Invitational Competition will be held Saturday afternoon, April 14th, 2007 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Mini Corps Associates (MCA), in conjunction with Five Star Brass will sponsor the first ever MCA competition at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Harrisburg on the afternoon of the Serenade in Brass. We will be posting the mini corps lineup, show format, etc. soon.

So, SAVE THE DATE!

If you are coming to Serenade In Brass Saturday evening, plan on attending this historic competitive event (just up the street from the Forum) on Saturday afternoon. You will not be disappointed!

Strutta

MCA PR

Yahoooo....now we can really show what the mini-corps are and what really an awesome time it is.

• 2 months later...

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

The Crossmen Xtreme mini corps will be performing in full uniform on March 31st in West Chester, PA.

The Crossmen Alumni Association is excited to announce that Crossmen Xtreme will be performing at the Annual CAA Beef & Beer Scholarship Event on March 31st.

_____

The Crossmen Alumni Association will host its Annual Scholarship Event on Saturday, March 31, 2007, 7pm-11pm at the West Chester VFW Post 106, 837 Lincoln Avenue, West Chester, PA.

The Crossmen Alumni Association Scholarship Program honors the memory of two of its own who died heroically helping others. Derrick Harvey (Philadelphia Firefighter) and Joseph Kempf (a volunteer EMT). In their honor, we reward six current marching members of the Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps who have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to the corps by their leadership and performance.

This year we will also be helping the ’06 Vets of the Crossmen continue with the corps as they move operations to Texas. We have set up a travel fund for them to ease the financial burden. In addition, contributions will also be accepted for the Pasedena Bus Fund to help the corps with their bus rental costs.

If you can't make it the Beef & Beer but would still like to help the Crossmen by making a contribution to the bus fund, you can mail your donation directly to them at "Crossmen" PO Box 591940, San Antonio, TX 78259.

Admission is $25 in advance or $30 at the door and only $20 for students over 21 (proper ID required). Admission will include beer, soda, coffee, food, videos, camp reports, entertainment, door prizes, and the chance to see the new Crossmen Xtreme Mini Corps before they head to Harrisburg for their first competition on April 14th.

The Crossmen Alumni Association continues its commitment making charitable contributions to the Crossmen as well as preserving its heritage for its members, past, present, and future.

Payment in advance can be mailed to:

Crossmen Alumni Association

Crossmen Scholarship Event

P.O. Box 507

Exton, PA 19341

DO YOU PAYPAL?

We now accept payment via PAYPAL. If you already have a paypal account, you can automatically make your payments online. Our Paypal account address is CROSSMENALUMNIACCT@YAHOO.COM.

Once you've paid through PayPal, email your receipt to Dawn Ball at dawn@itedge.com for immediate processing.

Advance payment must be received by March 23.

For more inforomation and directions go to: http://www.crossmenalumni.net