PR in 07

Because the hornline would all of a sudden forget how to play, the guard would lose their abilities, Michael Gaines couldn't write drill anymore, and the cohesion of their overall programming approach would fall apart? :wub:

The unis are an asset, but they're not a primary reason the guys are as successful as they are.

before you jump down his throat, did you ever think he was just speaking in terms of visual rankings?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as all the design and instructional staff is back for next year, I don't see them slipping at all.

The organization is in very able hands.

I hope that Phantom doesnt ever change their uniform. They have an incredibly unique look. My personal favorite out of all of DCI.

I wish they would bring back the black shoulder capes though ala 89.

How does Phantom keep the white unis clean?? Imagine the mess after marching on a wet field, with the mud and grass stains. They must bring washers and driers on tour with them!

Black hides the day to day stains better, and makes them look scarier. I LOVE the white and the black equally, for different reasons. Just seems they'd save tons on the bleach bill with the black uniforms.

Simple, some of the best support people in the activity - those people are awesome!

I would love to see the black uni's back from 1995, but I do love the white uniforms, I could not imagine some of the shows they have done in other uniforms.

Because the hornline would all of a sudden forget how to play, the guard would lose their abilities, Michael Gaines couldn't write drill anymore, and the cohesion of their overall programming approach would fall apart? :worthy:

The unis are an asset, but they're not a primary reason the guys are as successful as they are.

yeah im going to have to agree with phantom and pitch here...Jared wasnt saying there show design and talent would go out the window, he's saying maybe the flaws in the visual program would now be exposed and would drop them, perhaps, a few placements....lets not kid ourselves their bicycle step + black pants = covered up visual dirt. :P

lets not kid ourselves their bicycle step + black pants = covered up visual dirt. :P

yeah pretty much. i love everything about PR. but that is definitely true, although there are certain shows that the black just wouldn't work for, harmonic journey, apasionada 874, etc... this year would have been good though.