blue devils ending!

just listen to this years recordings on my ipod and getting to the end of devils not the best show of the year this year but a great ending. Makes me think out of all the final performances year in year out musically devils must be the best!

example 06 horn builds and builds with the drums great!

2005 busting exciting ending DA DA DA!!!!!

2004 the train running off the field brilliant DING DING!

ETC ETC

2000 PSYCHO!

90 Drumline cymbol work

etc etc

ever year (use to be the scouts but they have lost there way) I think they have the best musical ending. Alway look forward to see how they are going to cap the show off brilliant!!! :worthy:

discuss?!

2000 has to be my favorite on your list. 2004 would be right up there, but I actually preferred the ending where the drumline came chugging to a stop in the endzone, that just seemed perfect to me.

I LIVE for the ending in 1990 from "Tommy."

Da-da-da-da-da-da-DA!

86 & 87 endings were hot also.

Remember the days when BD & Cav's had those signature endings? That was hot.

Always loved the ending from 86, however I think my all-time favorite will be 2000. From the accelerando with the pit to the finals-night tag at the very end, it's one of the most adrenaline-filled sequences in drum corps...for me, of course.

The surprise leave-the-stadium move at the end of 2004's show was very good, but they didn't really change anything musically so it didn't have as much of an impact for me.

2005 had some nice musical changes to it that finally had the crowds cheering by the end of the year.

2006 is definitely up there, with the reintroduction of the cross and the additional musical package. Great musical/visual moment for an ending.

I also loved the additional percussion used at the end of the 1999 show with the zig-zag drill.

Both 2002 and 2003 ending with the drumline circling the cymbal rack was great. I love listening to the end of the 2002 show and hearing the crowd going nuts at that moment.

I like this topic already. :) Not that I am bias or anything. b**bs

88 was the year I got hooked to drum corps and fell in love with the Blue Devils. They have so many shows that I love it is just so hard to pick, but 88 will always be dear to my heart as well as 93.

2003 BD absolutley rocked! It had a flair of Old School in it as well. I hope they play some "in your face" jazz next year. Whew...talk about an alumni gathering. SCV and BD will have alumni activities and be there to support their corps family. I can't wait!!!!!!!

I'm excited to hear what they will play for this season.

Agreed, I love their ending (and the similar ending to the opener). I think I remember hearing that it was the first time they've ended their show with long tone chords (rather than shot notes of some sort, for example) since....1995? Crazy.

i love the ending of 06 from the little drum break to the end... just builds and builds. running from the back of the field to the front with the music getting louder and louder.

but i really love the 2000 ending with the tag. even though that dude on the video missed the horns up.. :P

Even better is the tenor player who almost jumps the gun in 2000. Put your dvd to percussion angle to see him get a little over excited.

Edited by txtubadude