Feeder Corps

When I marched Regiment in the 80s we had the Phantom Regiment Cadets and the Phantom Regiment Pre-Cadets

The Pre-Cadets were a riot. a pile of kids 5-8, a horn line full of sops, was so great to do the sinissippi concert with them and see how seriously they took it. We would mingle the horn lines of all three corps for the warm up.

Those were the good old days. It's a shame that there are so few local kids in rockford involved with the corps now.

Ducky, do you remember talk of another Phantom feeder corps? I seem to remember the PR Pre-natal Cadets beign the next step in recruitment! :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Boston area we had these off the top of my head:

The Blue Angels had the Chuting Stars

The Saint Keven's Emerald Knights had 2, the Gems in class B and the Chips in class C

The Spartans had the Elks Trojans

The Saint Mary's Cardinals had the Cardinal Jrs.

The I. C. Reveries had the I.C. Reverie Jrs.

The Most Precious Blood Crusaders had the Cavaliers then later The Boston Crusaders had the Valiants

The Statesmen had the Statesmen Jrs.

The Debonairs had The Debonetts

The Braintree Warriors had the Braves then later the Braves had the Papooses

The Wilmington Crusaders had the Swordsmen

The Citations had the Citation Jrs.

The I.C. Rockets had the Comets

The Gatesmen had the Gatesmen Jrs.

The Golden Lancers had the Golden Raiders

The Dantes had the Hot Shots

The Toreadors had the Matadors

The Saint John's Missilemen had the Missiles

The I.C. Queensmen had the Queens Cadets and an all girl Queensmaids at one point

The Saint Rose Scarlet Lancers had the Scarlet Lancers Jrs.

The Targets had the Sharpshooters

The 27th Lancers had the 27th Lancer Cadets

I think there were more, perhaps The Majestic Knights, Saint Thomas More Cadets, Holy Family Defenders, Pembroke Imperials and one or 2 others may have had Jr. corps by the same name but I can't remember off the top of my head.

There were also a few relationships between Class A corps and some class B and C corps from other organizations and cities that acted as feeder corps to those otherwise unrelated Class A corps. CYO bands also acted as feeder corps to a few of the Class A corps to one degree or another over the years. All girl drill teams also supplied a stream of mostly color guard members to the larger corps.

It is interesting to note that in the '50s and '60s some Boston area communities had a few separate marching organizations in the same town. An example would be Everett, MA (only 4 square miles in size) that had at least 8 marching units among 4 organizations in addition to the high school band, all existing at the same time! All it's surrounding cities had multiples as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I was in the Kidets(one t) as well.79-80 :)

Hey JeromeyBush (didn't want to give up your gov't name :P)

I remember when you joined the Kidets. I remember AJ also. I don't know if you played before you joined, but boy did you learn fast. You had/have real talent. You're still my hero.

C Clay

Well judging by the number of people who moved 35 miles south or 35 miles east the Conquistadors were the feeder corps for both SCV and BD. :P

(Actually, I'm only half joking here.)

• 1 year later...

If I remember correctly - St Mary's Cardinals feeder corps were the St Mary's Crusaders

Hey JeromeyBush (didn't want to give up your gov't name :P)

I remember when you joined the Kidets. I remember AJ also. I don't know if you played before you joined, but boy did you learn fast. You had/have real talent. You're still my hero.

C Clay

Mine too!

When I marched Kidets we learned a field show..... But we just competed in parades...

Today, our Cavaliers Anniversary Corps (CAC888) counts the A-corps as our Feeder. And its always been the feeder for the Classic Cavaliers )

Today, our Cavaliers Anniversary Corps (CAC888) counts the A-corps as our Feeder. And its always been the feeder for the Classic Cavaliers )

Nice!